Green buffing compound payforward

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Joseph

Tenderfoot
May 27, 2006
Norfolk
Ok I've got half a bar left so only a couple more payforwards available. Still reckon that half a bar will last me a few years this stuff goes a long way. Hope everyone who got some is enjoying green stuff stropping!

Joe.

Andy J

Forager
Oct 28, 2006
north wales
Joe, Mine arrived this morning, Thank you. First time ever used this, or a strop, for that matter, today, unbelievable! REAL sharp! Tried it on a small folder I'd been cutting rope with all day at work, with great success. Many thanks, Andy... You DO make it into a kind of paste?? Showing my ignorance.... :red:

Joseph

Tenderfoot
May 27, 2006
Norfolk
I think it depends on how you want to use it I've used it with oil or wd40 to make a paste using a little of the buffing compund to polish stuff. For sharpening i've put it on a little bit of leather backed by wood. I think if you've got something like a bit of leather or cardboard (cereal box type stuff) that acts as a surface to hold the compound and oil helps to hold it there. It's all about experimentation. Have a go and let me know what you find! Lots of stuff on www.outdoors-magazine.com in the cheap mora sharpening section on this,

bushtank

Nomad
Jan 9, 2007
king lynn
hi joseph
that compond is brill i have nearly finshed my knife i can see my fat face in the gleam of the blade thanks again mate :You_Rock_

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE