Great Stuff on the BBC

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

shortymcsteve

Forager
Jan 8, 2011
Hamilton, Scotland
I think this is the right place to post this.

I see the BBC have uploaded a lot of old Programs about the British military from years ago and they have them up until 2038, hah!

There was some really interesting ones that ive watched so far, the one show called 'Behind Enemy Lines' was great, it's all about 25 potential Royal Marines training for Mountain and Arctic Warfare, lots of survival related things going on. This one is from 1985 and has 7 parts i think, probably the most related to this forum.

My favorite so far is a single 30minute show from 1964, It's all about a group of British soldiers from 40 Commando Royal Marines, shows them living in the jungle and you see them set up interesting camps. Their job was to patrol the North Borneo jungle in search of elusive groups of Indonesian border terrorists.

Can be found right here!

There is quite a few others but ive not watched them all yet but definitely worth a look!
The BBC page for all the shows can be found by clicking here.

Hope some people find this interesting.

shortymcsteve

Forager
Jan 8, 2011
Hamilton, Scotland
Not sure, just noticed this a few days ago on the bbc iplayer home page. I think they are showing some of this stuff on TV but i don't think it all has been shown but im not sure. I see they are still adding one or two things still so i hope there is more good stuff to come.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE