Great food resource!!

Aliwren

Nomad
Jan 2, 2006
Bedford
Found this delicious food at the outdoors show today.

http://www.lookwhatwefound.co.uk/

The meal is in a pouch and will last 12 months. Simply heat for a couple of minutes in a pan - its delicious perfect for camping and quick meals - some of the range are:
Herdick mutton stew, home reared beef, west highland venison sausages, smoked haddock pottage, gloucester old spot pork meatballs, mushroom stroganoff and wild rabbit. £2.99 per pouch :)

Nice treat but expensive if you are going away for a weeks camping huh when rat packs are only a fiver or less for a 24hr food source!

A drive up the M9 or across Rannoch moor to the west will provide you with venison enough for a trip if you are lucky to find a freshy thats not flyblown! ;)

Justin Time

Native
Aug 19, 2003
South Wales
Saw these in my local Sainsbury's, once I've got some cash I'll see how they compare with Wayfarer/Ration packs, definitely look more interesting if out for a couple of nights backpacking.

gregorach

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
Yeah, I've always felt that the packet meals you get in outdoor shops are horribly overpriced for what they are... Although I'm prepared to make an exception for those German freeze-dried ones because they're so light, but they seem to be getting harder to find.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE