Great firesteels, great price, excellent service !!

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
2 days ago (sunday) I ordered one of Xtreme Survival's firesteels online as I'm off to the Canadian bush this friday and couldn't locate me other one. This morning it popped through my letterbox and I have to say it is FANTASTIC ! and the service is second to none. Hats off to all at Xtreme Survival, you guys rock :You_Rock_

Firesteel link below...

http://www.xtremesurvival.co.uk/ViewItem.php?ItemID=23

leon-b

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 31, 2006
Who knows
great deal you got there mate, will you use the striker or the back of your knife as i find that sort of saw/striker wears down the firesteel very quikly
leon

IamSam

May 6, 2006
Lancaster
cheers for the head up, been on the look out for a cheaper steal for a good few weeks now. Have a great time in Canada.
Just going to wait by the letter box

:You_Rock_

sxmolloy

Mar 22, 2006
lancashire, north west england
Marts said:
Good price.

OT I know but they also do this "flying fish fuse"

http://www.xtremesurvival.co.uk/ViewItem.php?ItemID=65

Any idea what it's for?

As it is completely waterprrof I imagine that you light it and put it into a lake / sea etc etc. Then the fish see it and get so scared they "fly" out of the water and onto the bank. Hence the name "flying fish fuse". Much more practical than using a rod to fish with. Just a though....Stu :lmao: :) :D :cool:

andyn

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
sxmolloy said:
As it is completely waterprrof I imagine that you light it and put it into a lake / sea etc etc. Then the fish see it and get so scared they "fly" out of the water and onto the bank. Hence the name "flying fish fuse". Much more practical than using a rod to fish with. Just a though....Stu :lmao: :) :D :cool:

LOL LOL LOL :lmao:

Marts, flying fish fuse is a type of burning fuse that fizzes around in the air, my cousin uses it over in Aus to make fireworks out of vodka bottle caps. The different colours burn at different speeds. I was 14 when i last saw them in use so my construction details may be a little off.....Pack a few strips in side the cap and pinch it closed whilst leaving a bit protuding and light it....the fuse whizzes, snaps and crackles with sparks etc. They are pretty cool albeit a little dangerous as their direction is unpredictable.

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
leon-b said:
great deal you got there mate, will you use the striker or the back of your knife as i find that sort of saw/striker wears down the firesteel very quikly
leon

Personally I use the back of my knife but the saw edged striker is worth keeping as if you are inexperienced in using a firesteel or shivering with cold, the saw blade will definately shower your tinder with huge hot sparks. If youdon't like using the back of your knife however, you can still use the back of the supplied striker just as easily. Hope this helps Leon :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE