GRANSFORS SFA custom made Axe Mask.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

topknot

Maker
Jun 26, 2006
bristol
Hi,
The mask is made from 3.5mm leather, double thick around the front part this will give more leather on the safety side.
The axe mask is 5 layer at the front and bottom, the hole are all Awl by hand (No drilling of holes). All hand stitched with tiger thread (i do not rate linen thread on working leather stuff, that's just me)
The strap which hold the axe in place i have plaited .
The colour is mid brown with black stitching and is sealed inside and out.
The axe is not for sale.

0023o.jpg

0013ga.jpg

0032j.jpg

The price SOLD . For the rest of the world i will get a price for the postage.
Thank you for looking
All comments welcome

Cheers Topknot

Last edited:

Prawnster

Jun 24, 2008
St. Helens
My Husqvarna hatchet has a six inch head with a three inch edge. Does anyone know if this will fit it??

Sent from my iToaster using Tapatalk

The Big Lebowski

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
Just compared my husky hatchet, and both the poll and length of the cheeks/beard on the scandi (same head size as sfa) are larger...

Also, the strap for the scandi rides up and over the poll when clipped secure.

Prawnster

Jun 24, 2008
St. Helens
Just compared my husky hatchet, and both the poll and length of the cheeks on the scandi (same head size as sfa) are larger...

Ok thanks very much for that, appreciate it.

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
Just compared my husky hatchet, and both the poll and length of the cheeks/beard on the scandi (same head size as sfa) are larger...

the head of the Scandinavian forest axe is bigger than the Small Forest Axe,:)

407320_10150605307189073_539479072_11119278_434772356_n.jpg

Lovely looking Sheath Topknot!!

Last edited:

Nonsuch

Life Member
Sep 19, 2008
Scotland, looking at mountains
I have the Small FA and the Huskie. The Huskie head is quite a bit smaller. The SFA mask will fit but will be loose and will come off.
I am the proud owner of a similar topknot mask for my own Huskie. I would have this in a shot for my SFA but I already have quite a nice mask for that.

Prawnster

Jun 24, 2008
St. Helens
I'll have to get him to make me one. The mask that came with the Husqie is beyond pants. Thanks again.

topknot

Maker
Jun 26, 2006
bristol
Thank you for the good comments and the help with other axe's guy's

The mask is yours PeterH, PM sent.

Cheers Topknot

PeterH

Settler
Oct 29, 2007
Milton Keynes
Guess what was waiting for me when I got home. The photos in no way do this justice it is not only a truly attractive piece of work it also a substantial mask that means business and inspires confidence. Wonderful!

topknot

Maker
Jun 26, 2006
bristol
Guess what was waiting for me when I got home. The photos in no way do this justice it is not only a truly attractive piece of work it also a substantial mask that means business and inspires confidence. Wonderful!

Hi Peter,
I'm glad you like the mask its always a worry to me until i get a feed back like yours mate. Thank you very much.

Cheers Topknot

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE