Gransfors Bruk buy Wetterlings!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ValeTudoGuy

Nomad
Mar 8, 2017
Preston, England
Less choice is never good but personally i dont see the point of wetterlings. lower quality than gransfors but a similar price...hultafors are a better second option for my money

I wonder is Husqvarna will go too? Being a well priced product from that stable. Perhaps not as they are a customer and a line of revenue for the Wetterlings forge?

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
I wonder is Husqvarna will go too? Being a well priced product from that stable. Perhaps not as they are a customer and a line of revenue for the Wetterlings forge?

I'v lost track of who makes what for who these days tbh. But if wetterlings currently produce the husky axes then i'd put my money on GB selling the contract to hultafors or similar

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
If GB messes with Husqvarna then Husqvarna will have them made somewhere else. They do not care, as long as the products is made to their specs and a agreeable price.

I doubt GB can sell the Husqvarna contract to anybody.

I remember the good old days when Husqvarna was still made in Husqvarna. Made great guns!

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Thought Husqvarna axes were made be Hult Bruk. Switched from Wetterlings to Hults Bruk in 2011 IIRC.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE