Google Earth .kmz file attachment

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

.XII.

Tenderfoot
Sep 30, 2010
Dartmoor
recently i've found Google Earth to be a real boon in planning and recording my travels around the Moors, so i was super excited when i found out that GE would give me a route distance and elevation profile, and over the moon when i discovered the route flyover option - its one thing to see the route on the map, but actually flying over it is kinda special.

Merrivalesnip.png

personally i love the idea of being able to see where i (and anyone else who cares to join the GE routing club) have been, as it not only fleshes out the text and pictures that go with a walk discription, but also allows access to other peoples pictures of the area, as well as putting the journey into geographical perspective.

so would it be possible to change the list of allowed file types so that .KMZ could be attached?.

.XII.

Tenderfoot
Sep 30, 2010
Dartmoor
Works because you have linked to the Google Map with kmz uploaded (https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B2WTX7PTBythVDM4TTJGTzNTOS1FZ2JyT0ZGTHR1QQ) rather than attaching a separate .kmz file. Gives the same results though :)

not too sure what you mean about it linking to Google Map with kmz uploaded - when i click the link it takes me to Google Docs, where i have to download the file then open it to get it to run in Google Earth (which is kinda what i was after) - but as long as it works i'm happy :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE