Goodbye Mora 510

kawasemi

May 27, 2009
Where the path takes me
Well, it now looks like the Mora 510 is now gone for good. It is part of bushcraft history along with the 740/760 that many of us loved. I have a 510 and it is a cracking knife. I know progress is the thing and the new Moras are great knives but perhaps even they are getting 'fussy' as the prices start to creep up.

Here's the info on the last batch from Ray's site:

http://www.raymears.com/blog/ray-mears-and-woodlore-revive-the-discontinued-mora-510-knife/1374/

...and the final sales:

http://www.raymears.com/Bushcraft_Product/809-Mora-510-MG-Knife/

kawasemi

Last edited:

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Thats a shame, i have one and its probably the best mora i have used. Much better than the clipper imo.

wizard

Nomad
Jan 13, 2006
USA
That is sad, the 510 is my favorite Mora. I am so glad I bought a couple when they were available. You can still mod a 511 to be like the 510 but the sheath to the 511 is not very useful of you cut off the fingerguard.
The knife that is always in my daypack is the 510 with plastic sheath and a paracord neck cord. 3.5 ounces of fantastic knife! We should start a petition to have them brought back!

Last edited:

delbach

Settler
May 21, 2005
N Wales
That is sad, the 510 is my favorite Mora. I am so glas I bought a couple when they were available. You can still mod a 511 to be like the 510 but the sheath to the 511 is not very useful of you vut off the fingerguard.
The knife that is always in my daypack is the 510 with plaastic sheath and a paracord neck cord. 3.5 ounces of fantastic knife! We should start a petition to have them brought back!
I totally agree with you.I'm kicking myself for not buying a few while they were still in stock
Andrew

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
just buy 511's and chop the finger guard off, not had a problem with the 511's sheath after the guard has gone as the knife is locked into the sheath on the side of the handle not the guard, well tis on all 12+ of mine

Last edited:

wizard

Nomad
Jan 13, 2006
USA
I believe the clipper is being phased out as well. The Companion model with a longer tang and slightly different handle seems to be the replacement. I have some of each but I cannot get the carbon companion to sharpen up like my old clipper. Don't understand why that is.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Go on then JD how many did you buy
Andrew

Well, er.. actually.. just the one. Because Ebay damned well stopped me from pre-empting and capitalising on these opportunities!!!! And I knew this would happen, although thought it would be much sooner. I'd of bought loads last year if knife sales were still OK with the Bay.

delbach

Settler
May 21, 2005
N Wales
Well, er.. actually.. just the one. Because Ebay damned well stopped me from pre-empting and capitalising on these opportunities!!!! And I knew this would happen, although thought it would be much sooner. I'd of bought loads last year if knife sales were still OK with the Bay.
I only bought one and thought i'd get a couple more if i liked it,but when i came round to buying more they'd sold out,and i'm gutted because i really liked them,once i sanded the handle a bit
Andrew

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE