Goodbye BCUK! :(

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

trekkingnut

Settler
Jul 18, 2010
Wiltshire
Well, ive been a member on here for about a year or so but alas it is time for me to go back to work in Borneo. I will probably be without internet from this Friday till at least mid October and possibly longer depending on contracts.

I really just wanted to say thank you. Thank you to all the friends ive made on here, whether we actually met up or just chatted on the forum.

Thank you to all the info shared about all sorts of things. trivial things like the weather at the weekend, my appalling attempts to carve a spoon (which even still look like a boat.... somehow) right up to expedition equipment tips. The advice has been outstanding but the way it has been presented even more so. Never has a question been to stupid for anyone and even if things get a little heated here and there, apologies swiftly follow...

Thank you to the gift it on thread. I got a fire piston and have had great fun trying out this original fire lighting method. nice to add something else to my fire making repertoire! Its a wonderful ideal and often allows people who dont have the resources to purchase new equipment, the opportunity to get something they have been yearning for! I am very chuffed.

I guess that focuses on the three sections that have interested me most, friends, advice and community spirit.

Should anyone be coming out to java in october or Indonesia in general any time after that and would like advice then please dont hesitate to contact me and i will do my best to reply when im not wearing a hollowed out root vegetable and only carrying a machete!!!

I know you all love the photo so i thought id bring it up one last time!!! WOO!!!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-8Lt1voW030A/TVw-vfOjE5I/AAAAAAAAAKM/PCdhoV_SBA4/s1600/IMG_4464.JPG

Jumpa lagi! See you again!

Last edited:

ex-member Raikey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 4, 2010
sorry to see you you go mate,...love the foto, its on my mantlepiece,...(but i modified it and put my head on the righthandside tribesman)

also sorry for Southey, we mixed his tablets up last week and are still unsure as to when he may normalise...

good trails,...

Stu

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Have a good trip

Don't forget to check your boots (and your vegetable) in the morning and all those others things you have to do in the jungle

GordonM

Settler
Nov 11, 2008
Virginia, USA
Have a great time with work.

Hey, if you ever need it, I have the number to a great counselor that can help with your hollowed out root vegetable fetish :D!

ATB,
Gordy

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I don't think I'll ever look at the giant veg in a Flower Show again, ever, with the same complacency :rolleyes:

Have a great trip, stay safe, find the sunblock ;) and come back healthy :cool:

cheers,
Toddy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE