Good trousers at Asda

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
To tell you the truth it`s the first time I`ve ever looked at clothes in Asda tonight, glad I did though.

Found some 100% cotton trousers which are a nice straight leg cut and not to baggy with 6 pockets and they`re olive :D

A bargain at £8 I thought so I bought two pairs :rolleyes:

I`ve compared them against some proper german moleskins costing four times as much and there`s not much to tell them apart. At a push I`d say the Asda ones are made of a slightly thinner fabric but they`re really well put together.

The picture doesn`t do them justice to be fair, definitely worth a look though if you`re passing.

http://direct.asda.com/george/men-s-clothing/trousers/cargo-trousers/GEM5982,default,pd.html

Feb 5, 2008
Datchet
funny, I was having a similar conversation with a friend the other day. I got a pair of really heavy cotton trousers in Olive from asda about 3 years ago, not combat trousers but toughest and best quality outdoor trousers I've owned, really abused and apart from sewing a button back on they are still as good as new.

clownman

Jan 9, 2009
Tamworth
my 12yr old has some of the kid's combats from Asda, theyve put up with nearly 18months of scout camps and activities. If they can stand up to that they're good value in my book.

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Just bought 3 pair of these. They really are good quality and comfortable. The pockets are a useful size and deep. They seem like they will be very hard wearing. A top buy.

Cheers for the heads up Shewie.

Feb 5, 2008
Datchet
Its worth mentioning, though a fan of the hardwearing quality of the stuff I have. The buttons are almost always not sewed on very well and its worth cutting them off and sewing back in yourself before they let you down.

calibanzwei

Settler
Jan 7, 2009
Warrington, UK
They did plenty well in the Peaks yesterday :)

DSCF1172.jpg

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
I just got back from 5 days camping/hiking in the lakes. I had 3 pair with me. Abrasion resistance is very good, i had no probs with the buttons. They are very comfortable and hold lots in the pockets. I caught one of the belt hoops on a bit of barb wire and it tore the trousers about inch down from it, nothing major easily repairable. I had no such problems on natural snags though.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I just got back from 5 days camping/hiking in the lakes. I had 3 pair with me. Abrasion resistance is very good, i had no probs with the buttons. They are very comfortable and hold lots in the pockets. I caught one of the belt hoops on a bit of barb wire and it tore the trousers about inch down from it, nothing major easily repairable. I had no such problems on natural snags though.

Thanks Bill, I`ve only worn mine for a lame day walk on the canal so far so they`ve not had much hammer yet.

How were they for getting wet, did they soak up water like a sponge ? Did they dry out okay ?

Mine are getting christened properly next Thursday for a night in the Lakes :)

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
It didn't rain while we were there. It snowed sunday afternoon until early monday morning. We got about 2 inch in all but that meant we had no car for a couple of days, the roads were just compact snow where we were in the middle of the forest. They didn't get wet, the bottoms got a bit damp though and it did dry off ok.. They do let some wind through, but with thermals on it was eliminated. Fire resistance is good.

Rebel

Native
Jun 12, 2005
Hertfordshire (UK)
I`ve compared them against some proper german moleskins costing four times as much and there`s not much to tell them apart. At a push I`d say the Asda ones are made of a slightly thinner fabric but they`re really well put together.

http://direct.asda.com/george/men-s-clothing/trousers/cargo-trousers/GEM5982,default,pd.html

If you like moleskins why not get them from Asda? They are only £8 at the moment too.

http://direct.asda.com/george/men-s...ers/moleskin-trousers/GEM3974,default,pd.html

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE