Good price for a Bahco laplander folding saw

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
I got one of these...

saw_sheath.jpg

...for my birthday and it's painfully nice :D

Woodsmoke

a nice saw in a really nice sheath, funny how the smallest details often give the greatest pleasure.

£15 is an absolute bargain - some people charge that for replacement blades!

Prickly Pear

Mar 28, 2006
Canterbury, Kent
Ordered one from amazon last week, great find, thanks. 1 Rep added ;) .
As for that sheath, it costs more than the thing you stick in it!!! That just ain't right... :nono: . I could do with some place to put it though, hmmm :rolleyes: .

andyn

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
Prickly Pear said:
As for that sheath, it costs more than the thing you stick in it!!! That just ain't right... :nono: . I could do with some place to put it though, hmmm :rolleyes: .

Saw Squidder's sheath for the laplander last weekend, very nice peice of kit and means you no longer have to find pocket space for it.

For a hand made leather item it is well worth the £20 IMO. And yes for some reason it does cost more than the machine made, batch made laplander saw. :dunno:

I think with a little effort it shouldnt be too difficult to make one yourself. Thats something else to add to me list of things to do. :rolleyes:

benjamin.oneill

Forager
Jan 31, 2006
East Sussex, UK
andyn said:
Saw Squidder's sheath for the laplander last weekend, very nice peice of kit and means you no longer have to find pocket space for it.

For a hand made leather item it is well worth the £20 IMO. And yes for some reason it does cost more than the machine made, batch made laplander saw. :dunno:

I think with a little effort it shouldnt be too difficult to make one yourself. Thats something else to add to me list of things to do. :rolleyes:

I was admiring Ben's sheath for the laplander. I agree, I think it's a very reasonable price, like the rest of his things by the look for things. I only wish I could make myself one.

Prickly Pear

Mar 28, 2006
Canterbury, Kent
Well it arrived today and I like it, I like it a lot. Bigger than I thought too. Much easier to use than any other single bladed saw i've used. Top stuff!! Oh yeh the sheath (for what it is) definitely appears good value for money; looks mint. It's the relativity I was sarcasticly referring too. Better than looking at the plastic handle on the Bahco that’s for sure :D . Such luxury can wait till the funds deem fit though. :)

-Switch-

Settler
Jan 16, 2006
Still stuck in Nothingtown...
So you can get the saw for £15 and the sheath for £20?

That's £35 - only £5 more than you'd pay for just the saw in some places.

I'm getting them. I don't need them but I'm getting them anyway :D

gregorach

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
How big is the belt loop on that pouch, and is it sewn? I've been looking for a PLCE-compatible pouch for my Laplander, but the PLCE belt has a big chunky fastex-type buckle that most pouches can't get past... It would be ideal if the belt loop was at least 2" and preferably secured with a heavy-duty pop stud (and even more ideal if it had a T-bar, but lets not get carried away ;))

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE