Good On Her

Matt.S

Native
Mar 26, 2008
Exeter, Devon
I think a bit of seal on toast would go down quite well with me: food, a salute to an ancient hunter-gatherer society and a political protest in one. How efficient.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Your right there, also polyunsaturated.

Sea Mammals are truly amazing, they provide food, and fuel to cook it, and do nothing to deplete land resources.

And some species are amazingly common. (its a shame that the ones that `are` rare get very little conservation effort.)

xylaria

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Quote some woman who lives on the EU gravy train
“The fact that the Governor General in public is slashing and eating a seal, I don’t think that really helps the cause, and I’m convinced that this will not change the mind of European citizens and politicians,” she said.

It has changed my mind. Baby seals are very cute, but they are more baby seals than Inuit. The inuit tradtional lifestyle is in need of protection.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I think she was brave to do that - not for eating raw heart but for showing the Animal Rights types that Humans have rights too and that she has no problem with standing up for them!

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Great scott Xylaria...Baby seals?? You sound like Frank Fraser Darling.

(A man who certainly was in favour of sustainable harvests....in fact Im going to one of his islands...more on him later.)

And I doubt it will make a difference in Europe, we have little concept of arctic life.

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
someone makes a good point in the comments that cockfighting and bull fighting is far more cruel but europe allows it to go on in some of its member states. could it possibly be more to do with money than a care of animal welfare?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE