Good fun Games

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Lithril

Administrator
Admin
Jan 23, 2004
Southampton, UK
Some of the best activities I know of which keep people of all ages busy are the team building games. Things like getting across a "mine field" by having a restricted number of tiles etc. Theres hundreds of these activities out there and the beauty of them is that they get the kids thinking as well as working together.

dtalbot

Jan 7, 2004
Derbyshire
My Wife is a guider and her expert view is that a google search for 'wide games' should turn up loads of ideas.
Cheers
David

Scott

Jan 2, 2004
Coventry, UK
Sleeping Miser

We used to play this with the scouts indoors where if you didn't tread quietly you'd be heard on the floor. Outdoors gives a different challenge with dead sticks, squelchy mud and the like all making different noises.

Have a scout blindfolded and preferably sat on a chair or stump.

Line the other scouts up about 15 metres away and have them creep up to the sleeping miser and touch their shoulder (They then swap places). If the miser thinks they hear the direction the stalker is coming from they can point straight out (Don't allow sweeping arms!) in the direction they think, if they point to the person someone else goes.

A slightly different version is the classic man track game which can be done at night where game rangers try to track the poachers as they cross the area in play. (Suggest that each person in play has a torch just in case they fall over and have an accident!)

You can also do the classic find an object from A-Z but make it natural things nothing man made

Hope these help.

Scott

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE