Good Evening.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

FreeRangeGoth

Jun 5, 2011
Derby
Hello! new member here, I've been lurking a while, learning some good stuff, thanks.

As regards my interest, well, I hike a fair bit, have always been aware of the risks, and like to learn ways of using the environment to enhance my comfort and safety when camping or hiking.

I also do some historical re-enactment, some LRP, so am often in the woods, and like to do things in traditional ways. My partner loves all that too, we're quite into crafty things, woodwork, horticulture, leatherwork, Archery, that kind of thing.

So... Hi!

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
Welcome to the forum! Why not get along to one of the meets? There are quite a few in the Midlands, most often with a good turnout.

FreeRangeGoth

Jun 5, 2011
Derby
Thankyou very much, good people. I pondered my introduction, and realised that what I do is best summed up by 'Rustic Camping'. I do use relatively hi-tech no-frills lightweight stuff when hiking, but camping for us is usually a far more low-tech canvas+firesteel affair. My primary tool is the lovely Billhook found at a rural antiques market, inexpertly restored by me, that also gets a fair bash down the allotment. I'll certainly keep an eye out for a meet that I can attend, it would be good to put faces to names. maybe see you there.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE