good day out

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bloodline

Settler
Feb 18, 2005
England
I had a cracking day out yesterday! I went to a forest I know but hadnt explored properly I saw loads of fungi, nearly put me foot on a female adder, while collecting a rake of thistle heads for my winter tinder supplies I caught a wiff of something and it was a large circle of ground a stag had stomped down and sprayed to mark his territory. I had seen loads of footprints left by deer but 20 minutes later the Jacks took off yapping and trying to get though the brambles after a least 5 or 6 deer. Me and me mate were well pleased and even happier that the Jacks came back when ordered. On the way back the pup sniffed out a cock pheasant on his own and was delighted when it took off. :D :D :D We also saw fox and badger sign also 5 debris shelters (please take them down when you go; that way Yogi bear doesnt know youve been in the woods) All in all a great day out Im glad Ive got this week off :D

Neil1

Oct 4, 2003
Sittingbourne, Kent
I love days like that, a mid week day off, nothing special weather wise, few people around, they just always seem to be the best!
Same story last week for me, a nothing special day - but found 32 edibles (all in good condition) ended up with a sweet & sour type dish with sorrel, sultanas, chantrelles & field mushrooms . As I cooked a couple of roe deer wandered in, and my old friend the vixen with mange on her tail had a poke about a few feet from the fire. Happy days!
Neil

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE