good book

sapper1

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 3, 2008
swansea
I saw this in Borders and bought it .It's a brilliant book which doesn't teach you how to survive ,but gives many different items that do the same thing that can be put in a survival kit .The kit sizes range from a small altoids tin to a truck!
I found the "large pack to be very informative and carried every thing I carry but in different sizes and so made for a much smaller pack.
Well worth reading .

http://www.bepreparedtosurvive.com/BuildThePerfectSurvivalKit.htm

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
I saw this in Borders and bought it .It's a brilliant book which doesn't teach you how to survive ,but gives many different items that do the same thing that can be put in a survival kit .The kit sizes range from a small altoids tin to a truck!
I found the "large pack to be very informative and carried every thing I carry but in different sizes and so made for a much smaller pack.
Well worth reading .

http://www.bepreparedtosurvive.com/BuildThePerfectSurvivalKit.htm

Sapper, I hope I did not come across as being rude, but from time to time we end up with cross threads which can lead to a cluttered forum. We've all done it, I have for sure, but this is where the mods come in and move posts as needed.

Swansea? If your on the town tonight and see a 6' 3" Aberdare lad drinking loads of Stella, with a load of uni mates, look after him, my lad is down there tonight ;)

sapper1

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 3, 2008
swansea
You didn't come across as rude at all Rik .you made a valid point.The book only gives you a list of different things that do the same thing(if that makes sense).
eg. Firelighting he gives half a dozen things that you can use and the same for each category of neccessary equipment ,light ,heat, shelter,water,load carrying and first aid kits.
I won't be in town saturday as it's not a nice place on the weekends,but I'm sure your boy will be O.K. with his mates.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE