Go Ruck Boots - any opinions

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Billy-o

Native
Apr 19, 2018
Canada
A couple of years ago Go Ruck started making boots. We know this. But now the time has come for a boot upgrade for me, and I am looking at these with a half-serious eye.

The reviews are almost uniformly splendid, but the brand does attract a lot of fans who may have the rose tinted glasses on.

I wondered if anyone here had tried them.

umbracanis

Aug 8, 2012
Dublin
In general I am a fan of Goruck and use a GR1 as my work bag.

However I feel the boots are a bit of a let down.

PRO's
Comfortable, easy to break in, lightweight.

CON's

They not very hardwaring, the sole construction is a bit wierd, there is a thin layer on the bottom that lifted just through driving at the heal where it contacts the floor when I have my foot on the excelerator pedal.

They have developed an annoying squeek when you walk which is not very stealthy for their supposed jungle warfare heritage.

They are hugely expensive as standard and when you factor in duty and custom's charges.

Billy-o

Native
Apr 19, 2018
Canada
Thanks for this, umbracanis. I too am a big fan of their bags and the present cheapness of their 20L Rucker (actually the many-handled 25L one too) is causing no end of anxiety for my credit card. Not that I need another bag, just that they being so affordable.

That point about the books disliking driving is a real one. I kind of want them to be able to do pretty much everything. And, driving falls squarely into that category. Maybe I need to calm down on these a bit.

I see the sizing on their Cross Trainers is way off, also. That just sounds like an admin mess-up. But, when one hears various reviewers saying that there is an actual rational reason for them being too big, you have to wonder about objectivity. :)

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE