Glue for leather.

launditch1

Maker Plus and Trader
Nov 17, 2008
Eceni county.
Anyone know of a good leather glue that will allow some degree of flexibility?
Im think of getting the Bostik leather glue..any good?Prefer something you can get from a d.i.y. shop..

Cheers!

Indoorsout

Settler
Apr 29, 2008
Brisbane, Australia
I generally use Copydex for most tasks and for holding things whilst stitching etc.. PVA does a reasonable job too. Anything stronger than that, I'd be stitching/riveting anyway.

pwb

Like John , impact adhesive is what I use.
Evo-stick is stocked in most diy stores so that's what I went with.
Actually, it's the only type I've used ,probably better out there but it seems to do a good job so I've stuck with it :rolleyes:.
Dries kind of like rubber so is pretty flexible.

Pete.

May 3, 2010
Wakefield
For leather I use:

Not sure about Bostick Leather glue. Best to use the glue professional leatherworkers use:
-Evostick impact-you can let it set, then heat it and it really goes off hard, A professional shoemaker I know endorses it.
-Klebfest for leather-I get it from a pro leatherworker- it is really expensive, but excellent, flexible bond really strong glue (use on roll edge straps etc)
-Fiebings leathercraft cement-I buy in large quantities.

Regards Leo1

jojo

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 16, 2006
England's most easterly point
Hi Nigel. I use the Bostik Leather adhesive. I think it's good stuff. It's pretty much the same as a impact adhesive, only it's thinner and better for leather. I have tried the copydex and was not too impressed with it at the time!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE