Gloves.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dan Wound

Tenderfoot
Jun 6, 2006
Bristol
Any recomendations for winter gloves?? Have to be able to fold back the thumb, first and middle finger, will be used for fishing, shooting and roll ups !!

Thanks in advance.

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
"...but Hestra guide gloves for real cold..."

I have a pair of Hestra Guides that were bought for a trip to Arctic Sweden, they are quite easily the best gloves I have ever used, the ability to swap out the wool liners while out in the cold is a real benifit when snow gets into the glove while working.

With that said I don't think I've had them on for the last three winters, it just isn't cold enough anymore. :(

No fold back fingers or thumbs though so not for the OP I think

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Agreed - the neoprene are great but not warm - best teamed with a pair of fold back mittens

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
I find those neoprene gloves are good for keeping the wind off you if you're moving about. But not too warm when static
These days i mostly wear the winter version of those stretchy work gloves with the rubber palms and layer some mitts over the top when its really cold or for riding the ATV (feeding sheep and whatnot)

Not mad keen on the fold back finger jobbies. I'd rather just have a glove thats easy to get on and off

Reactions: Dan Wound

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE