Gloucestershire thread follow up

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

njc110381

Forager
Jun 17, 2008
Gloucester, UK
Hi chaps. I'm pretty new here but noticed on the last thread that there are a few of you in the Gloucester/Stroud area. I'm in Stroud myself and would love to meet up with some like minded people and go for a camp out somewhere.

I used to do a lot of sleeping out when I was a lad. Back then my mates didn't have kids and didn't mind gettiing a little cold and wet (being teenagers we weren't all that clued up!). Nowadays they're all wimpish and under the thumb so I only get to go out on my own. Needless to say I don't bother so much.

I've got some gear and some idea. I know how not to get wet and to respect the area I camp in. It would be great to meet up with some of you and learn some of the finer points of bushcraft.

So, anyone fancy a beer sometime?

Hey there njc110381, I'm in Gloucester.
I've been away from BCUK for a while, with the arrival of bambino no.3. So I'm in need of getting back out there.
I too have friends that don't like getting dirty....wussies!
I'll PM you my email address.

Luke.

njc110381

Forager
Jun 17, 2008
Gloucester, UK
Cheers for the replies guys. It looks like there may be a few of us who could maybe get together for a night out at some point then?

I've got some contacts with ground. As long as things are kept quiet and tidy we should be able to do a few nights in some remote (ish) places if anyone's interested?

A quick beer would probably be a good idea first just in case you all hate me ;)

Sounds like a plan to me!!

I have use of a small woodland area owned by my family, so we could maybe meet there (about 3 miles North East of Stroud). It's quite hilly, but there are flat areas, and there's a natural spring there too.
The area is seldom used by walkers etc, just the odd bike trial now and then.
There are roe deer, badgers and pheasants in the wood too.

Luke

Last edited:

jonajuna

Banned
Jul 12, 2008
s
similar discussion are taking place for zummerzet, the county just below but next door to gloucestershire (you know before they invented the county of bristol and seperated g the two shires ;) )

so i too would be interested in any meets that way

would be great to get a somerset group, a gloucestershire group as well as the south west (cornwall) group

:)

cwillson

Forager
Jul 14, 2007
Cotswolds
Hi Y'all,

I'm about 40 mins from Cheltenham, about 6 miles west of Witney, and also seem to be alone locally in my interest in the great outdoors!

I've been slowly gathering some gear together over the last year or so, but only managed one trip last year as pretty much all of my friends consider me to be some kind of weird caveman for wanting to get out camping and bushcrafting - let ALONE the missus, who has almost disowned me! ;)

Kids have also hampered efforts a bit too. I managed to get my then 4 yr old son out for a night last February though - start 'em young I reckon!

I would be really interested in hooking up over a bevy to have a chat, if there's room for one more! :)

Chris

cwillson

Forager
Jul 14, 2007
Cotswolds
Sounds good to me. Let me know where and when. :)

As above, do we all have to wear a hand woven basket hat to identify ourselves then? lol

C

There used to be a pub in Stroud called The Woodcutters, but alas it has closed down and I cannot find another aptly named pub.
However, Gloucester area seems to be centrally located for a meetup. Does anyone have another suggestion, or shall we try and arrange a date?
Maybe put a list of days that we each can make as relfy has.

I can do any day from Monday to Thursday.

Hi Y'all,

I'm about 40 mins from Cheltenham, about 6 miles west of Witney, and also seem to be alone locally in my interest in the great outdoors!

I've been slowly gathering some gear together over the last year or so, but only managed one trip last year as pretty much all of my friends consider me to be some kind of weird caveman for wanting to get out camping and bushcrafting - let ALONE the missus, who has almost disowned me! ;)

Kids have also hampered efforts a bit too. I managed to get my then 4 yr old son out for a night last February though - start 'em young I reckon!

I would be really interested in hooking up over a bevy to have a chat, if there's room for one more! :)

Chris

I know how you're feelin Chris.......they just don't understand!

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Theres a place in Malmsbury called the Old Bell, very good.

might be a bit too south for you lot

gloucester is fine for me

Jackal 211

Jan 10, 2010
Gloucester
Hey Guys,

I live in kingsholm, gloucester. Would be really good to do an overnighter locally with some like-minded folk and share ideas / thoughts on bushcraft type stuff.

Not the best pub locally but really easy for everyone to find. The Longford Inn next to premier inn on tewkesbury road. If luke or njc want to suggest a day. Lets just put it in diary and see who can make it.

Steve

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE