Glencoe meet

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

coln18

Native
Aug 10, 2009
Loch Lomond, Scotland
Ok guys, it's February again and it's time for our wee trip out to the beautiful glencoe. This one will take place over the weekend of 22nd/23rd of February 2014. The plan is to camp using the Red Squirrel campsite in GlenCoe (Although, anyone not wanting to camp can use the youth hostel or book a room in the Brilliant Clachaig Inn. It will be the same as last year, with walks, snowboarding, bushcraft etc during the day and for both evenings we are planning on going along to the Clachaig Inn for the entertainment, if you've never had a night out in the Clachaig Inn then you haven't lived...superb place for a good night out.

This has been posted on facebook on the BCUK South Of Scotland group chat and there's a great turn out guaranteed already, so anyone up for a trip to one of the worlds most beautiful places are more than welcome :)

coln18

Native
Aug 10, 2009
Loch Lomond, Scotland
Good man Scott, as i say, from the reaction on Fudbook it looks as if this one is going to have a good turn out.....as for the pretty thing.....thats why we camp in the wilds....no mirrors to disprove the pretty thing mate lol

bojit

Native
Aug 7, 2010
Edinburgh
Looks like me and Heather might be up for this one ( h is 18 now so the pub sounds good ).
will be getting the bus up so might arrive mid afternoon ish .

craig........

coln18

Native
Aug 10, 2009
Loch Lomond, Scotland
Looks like me and Heather might be up for this one ( h is 18 now so the pub sounds good ).
will be getting the bus up so might arrive mid afternoon ish .

craig........

Excellent Craig.....Looking like a really good turn out already mate, we've got over 20 people confirmed already but will probably be closer to 30 odds...quite a few girls going to this one as well mate, so Heather will have some female company for a change rather than just the usual gang. All the usual suspects will be there....Cutchy, Scotty, Ally bally, Gaz etc etc

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
Haha, i'm sure you will mate, should be a good meet up, Wooplaw seems like ages ago now

Cravats and smoking jackets as dress code for after hostelierys closing time i hope?
One has to at least attempt to keep the rabble in check although a good whipping wouldn't go amiss with some.

Jinsin456

Settler
Nov 14, 2010
Maybole, Scotland
Need to look out the bow ties and the fine china for this meet methinks, sounds very upper class.

'Is that brandy kind sir?'

'No it's a vintage 2012 Jack Daniels kind chap....'

.....And downhill all the way from there!

NS40

Nomad
Nov 20, 2011
Scotland
Were off that week (wife's birthday 23rd Feb mine 1st March)

so could we pitch up with the campervan? Is it kid friendly? And Dog friendly?

Thanks Rob

The Red Squirrel campsite is fine for kids and dogs. The only thing to watch out for (depending on the age of kids) is that there's a river that runs the full length of the campsite which has some deep pools and can have some fast flows (especially in spate.

The nearest pub (the Clachaig) is a great wee place. Kids aren't allowed in the bar but they're fine in the lounge next door. Dogs are allowed into both bar & lounge.

The Red Squirrel also allows campfires which kids (and adults) will love.

coln18

Native
Aug 10, 2009
Loch Lomond, Scotland
Were off that week (wife's birthday 23rd Feb mine 1st March)

so could we pitch up with the campervan? Is it kid friendly? And Dog friendly?

Thanks Rob

I had my wee boy who was just over 3 years old then, with me last year and i think i had my wee westie with me as well, but just double check on the red squirrel campsite website in glencoe to be sure about the dogs

Canoedude

Apr 6, 2010
Livingston
Col
I had plans to go to Mull last weekend in Feb, but looks like that ain't going to happen now. If there's room for one more Glencoe sounds like a blast and I'm up for it! Some good walking, photography and a dry sherry or two sounds just the ticket. I don't have a smoking jacket, but hopefully Tam won't object too much.
Cheers.
John
:beerchug:

coln18

Native
Aug 10, 2009
Loch Lomond, Scotland
Col
I had plans to go to Mull last weekend in Feb, but looks like that ain't going to happen now. If there's room for one more Glencoe sounds like a blast and I'm up for it! Some good walking, photography and a dry sherry or two sounds just the ticket. I don't have a smoking jacket, but hopefully Tam won't object too much.
Cheers.
John

:beerchug:
Nice one John, be good to catch up again mate and, as always, your more than welcome mate

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE