Glen Lyon -Four Munros, Brocken Spectres

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Scots_Charles_River

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 12, 2006
paddling a loch
www.flickr.com
We did these four today. Start up through the woods following the orange topped posts. Up the muddy Hydro track, then cut off left for the first summit. Bluesky apart from 20mins of zero visibility, then t shirt all day. We came off the last summit then re joined the hydro track.

18km 6 1/2 hrs. Sore legs as first 2 or more Munro day since June. :eek:

Weird looking west and north to Glencoe and Ben Nevis to see zero frost or snow, at this time of year.

First Munro

2014-11-30 11.18.43.jpg by Scotstechy, on Flickr

Never seen a white Brocken spectre, but horseshoes shaped like a full rainbow. Not a great photo. Technical name - Fogbow.

2014-11-30 12.06.34.jpg by Scotstechy, on Flickr

Water stop after two Munros.

2014-11-30 10.19.16.jpg by Scotstechy, on Flickr

Last edited:

Limaed

Apr 11, 2006
Perth
V. nice. I was in the Brecon Beacons this weekend with the same weather. Almost a full cloud inversion & a Broken Spectre too.

Scots_Charles_River

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 12, 2006
paddling a loch
www.flickr.com
Good stuff Nick, I'm getting fat and lazy since I came back from the CWT

I am trying to shed fat and get hill fit for winter climbing, it's not the climbing that's hard but the walk in and crag apron with all the kit !
Now Mountain biking one night a week and indoor rock climbing once a week. Easy to 'hibernate' with short days/long nights.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE