Glasses or Contacts?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

CLEM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
belto said:
I have worn glasses for short sightedness since last October. My frames are made from carbon fibre so i don't realise i am wearing them.
I would have considered contacts up until my bf's gran told me that it is possible that they can slip right to the back of your eye socket!
:eek:
The eye socket thing is a myth so I have read.

sam_acw

Native
Sep 2, 2005
Tyneside
I'm still gettting used to lenses and to be fair they're not as good as I hoped. i'm still more able to get them stuck to my hand, eyelid, eyelash or anywhere else whehn i'm putting them in and i reckon i see better with glasses.
i'll probably persevere but only for vanity reasons

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
Stew said:
Stuart - what do you do for "health checks" for your eyes if you're buying them online? Will an opticians take appointments for contact lense checks without buying lenses from them?

I have my eye checks done at specsavers, they dont seem to have noticed that I dont actually buy my contact lens from them any more.

davef

Forager
Mar 6, 2006
North Lancashire
Spacemonkey said:
The lenses can slip behind the eyelid, but are simple to get out.

You'd think so right up until the hard lens vacs onto the surface of the eye like a sink plunger... fun in a eye watering agony sort of a way,

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE