Gift for the father in law

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Sep 11, 2014
Driffield
Hi guys, thanks for taking the time to read this,

Im wanting to get a nice elegant edc folding knife for my father in law, that i can get engraved, ive been eyeing up the CRKT persian, but i was wondering if anybody can suggest another knife they think is pretty and functional for no more than the £30ish mark, or any good cheap websites they can recommend? Just all the reviews say the thumb stud is a bit tricky, and his fingers are not as nimble as they once were, so i want to make sure he is going to be able open it easy.

Thanks in advance

)O(

TroubledTalent

Tenderfoot
Aug 11, 2014
The woods
I gotta be honest, I got my old pops a collection of Hultafors knives. They are filthy filthy cheap and he pulled one out the sheath and said he had never in his life, seen a sharper knife.

They're like £5 each so I got him the entire set for about £40 with delivery
Personally I wouldn't buy a folding knife for under £30 because I'm fussy

O and he was very happy with them btw, still about 9 months later, he tells me how awesome they are everytime I see him

Last edited:

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Anything on here??...............http://www.sheffield-made.com/acatalog/Pocket_Knives.html. Its an industry that needs all of our support and its a bit of our heritage.

The "British Army" type are easy to open, some of the others can be grasped between finger & thumb rather than use the "nail nick"

There are Trevor Ablett knives on the linked site for a fiver or so more than your stated budget, but they are a classy item and I'm sure a present that would be cherished; add to that the fact that you'd be supporting one of the few remaining British craftsmen :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE