Giant Swedish Folding Cup

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Woah, that's a big one .......are they sure about the size ? My little one struggles with that stub handle when the contents are hot and the kuksa softens :sigh:

cheers,
Toddy

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Just for your info if you press ctrl, alt and 4 on your keyboard you get the € sign.

Yeah postage is daylight robbery. I wantefd to buy some small batteries form the US recently for 29cents each, I splashed out and added 4 to my cart (i know last of the big spenders). Came to the checkout and I saw $6 postage ... I sprained my finger hitting cancel.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
How come the fellow in Israel manages it so cheaply :confused:
Gear up Europe or suchlike ? I was talking to someone at the last Scottish Meet up about kit and he was full of praise for the fellow's stuff and postages. Not slow either.
If he can do it from Israel.............

cheers,
Toddy

p.s. Thanks for the tip on the € :D
Hey it works !! :approve:

Last edited:

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
Last edited:

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
How come the fellow in Israel manages it so cheaply :confused:
Gear up Europe or suchlike ? I was talking to someone at the last Scottish Meet up about kit and he was full of praise for the fellow's stuff and postages. Not slow either.
If he can do it from Israel.............

cheers,
Toddy

I got a few toys from them last week, postage took about 10 days and only cost about £3, Great service and they also threw in some BCUK freebies goodjob

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
Well, I got a reply:

When the cup is unfolded it measures 10x10x7 cm(4x4x3-ish inch). He couldn't confirm / quote the capcity ... he had to check a brochure :rolleyes: Nor did he send a picture :rolleyes:
Postage to NL was 13 EUR!! (It seems they are in Belgium ...). No real discount. 1.70 EUR when we order 100 or more (unlikely) - though that price excludes VAT. So you end up at about the same price ...

Did you had a look at those Squishy bowls by Guyot design? On YouTube there's a vid by a guy pooring boiling water in one and handles is without any ill effect as they insulate very well.
I'll dig it up :D
Hang on

Here it is:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZtBNMAT2F0

EDIT:
http://www.asmc.de/en/New-Items/Folding-cup-Big-olivgreen-p.html
Price: 2.50 EUR
- Height: 7,5 cm
- Height folded: 3,5 cm
- Ø: 10 cm
- Weight: 48 g

104563_2.jpg

Last edited:

AJB

Native
Oct 2, 2004
Lancashire
If those dimentions are right then the volume is 589.2 cubic cm!

That's 1.04 UK pints!

Hmmm!

Last edited:

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Ach - you are better off making a coconut mug!
for mere pence you get the makings of a mug, a load of coconut meat, a drink of coconut milk - and they are available in all good supermarkets and even some local grocery/organic/healthfood shops!
If you are of a DIY bent you can even add a handle!
the only drawback is that they do not fold!

torc

Settler
Nov 23, 2005
left coast, ireland
I have a friend who lives in Belgium, might be cheaper to get them to post?
Thanks for your kind offer SS, but I have ordered them and a few other bits and pieces (including a cheeseburger!).
My order weighs in excess of 3kg's but the postage is still €17.
I suppose large orders are the only way for a customer to mitigate the high postage costs and for a seller to make the bother of a mail order service worth while.
Happy trails...torc.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE