Ghost Ring Group Buy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

leon-1

John I wouldn't stress about it,

MagiKelly said:
It is hoped that they will leave at the end of the week. I am not sure how long they would take to get here and given that an order placed over two weeks ago has not left yet I am less than optimistic nor happy.

This is just a minor delay in comparison to what I have been dealing with:(

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
Just to be clear. The person I am dealing with has been told the same information as I have. It is the manufacturer that seem to a have been a little tardy.

Perhaps I am just a little spoilt as all previous group buys have gone through so quickly. My contct is confident that the Ghost Rings will definately be here well before Christmas but after the initial delay I am more cautious. That is just the way I am.

As for stress.... you should try doing my day job for a while :D

C

cossack

Appreciate your hard work
managed without so far, so a little christmas prezzie for me when they arrive.
Kerry :You_Rock_

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
No Probs John! - I for one am not concerned..... after all how often have you seen 'please allow 28 days for delivery' and in your heart know it is a lie!!!I appreciate your work (and embarking on my first group buy myself expect nothing less! :eek: )

MagiKelly

Okay more news. I am afraid I was right. It has now been confirmed that the Ghost Rings would not be ready to ship till some time towards the end of January. Given how things have progressed so far I would not even be confident with this date.

So I am going to be sending out full refunds over the next couple of days. these will all be by cheque to save on fees. One good thing is that I have all your addresses on labels in word format that I prepared for the supplier so I just need to print these and write a cheque for the appropriate amount.

I fairness to the supplier they have kept me up to date with developments as and when they arose, it is the manufacturer that has been playing silly buggers.

andyn

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
John, I'm not envolved in this group buy but just to try and save everyone a few pence, anyone that paid by payapl, you can actually return their payment any fees collected by paypal are returned to the sender of the fees. So if someone sent you £5 and you got £4.75 - when you return the £5 you send £4.75 and paypal will pay the remaining costs.

Its a shame to see the group buy go down the plug hole as they looked like a cool and clever bit of kit.

MagiKelly

andyn said:
John, I'm not envolved in this group buy but just to try and save everyone a few pence, anyone that paid by payapl, you can actually return their payment any fees collected by paypal are returned to the sender of the fees. So if someone sent you £5 and you got £4.75 - when you return the £5 you send £4.75 and paypal will pay the remaining costs.

Its a shame to see the group buy go down the plug hole as they looked like a cool and clever bit of kit.

I think there is a time limit on when you can refund a PayPal transaction and when I have had refunds PayPal still held on to part of the fee. I will look into this anyway in case I can shorten the process a bit.

nooky

Nomad
Oct 26, 2005
Watton, Norfolk
A cheque will be fine or whatever is easier for you. :)
Thanks for all the hard work that you put into this group buy and all the other ones that you have made.
Andrew.

MagiKelly

Okay I found out how to refund through PayPal after all and they refund the fees so no one is out of pocket. Had to find a slightly lateral way of getting funds into my PayPal account so I could deal with this tonight but I managed that.

So the upshot is that all people who paid with paypal have now been refunded. Cheques have been written to those who paid that way and these will be posted tomorrow.

So that should be us all tied up now. The supplier will be refunding me shortly and that will be the end of this particular group buy. Not the usual ending but no harm done none the less

C

cossack

Cheque arrived this morning, thanks for the hard work & effort put into the group buys, sorry this went wrong - hope it does not put you off organising them again. My Hex fly is great and I look forward to any other buy you may decide to do in the future :You_Rock_
Kerry

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE