Getting rid of moles...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

daveO

Native
Jun 22, 2009
South Wales
Leave them be. I've got them in my garden and they're a constant source of well tilled soil. I collect all the earth they dig up and stockpile it to mix with other soils to fill raised beds and pots. I don't know where I'd be without them at the moment :cool:

You do have to be careful though, especially in a dry summer like this one has been, if you're watering certain areas of the garden the worms collect in those areas and attract the moles. All of a sudden your plants will end up a foot higher than when you planted them...

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
I can only think more nature will make a healthier garden, looser soil for the worms etc. The only other thing would be mole fenceing and a mini digger, as they'll always be back, or just keep ferrets yourself, they're the 3rd most popular pet in the states.

Now that's a good idea - never heard of it being done ....but would love to watch!

It'll end up like rabbiting, one obstanate ferrit stuck down a rabbit hole refusing to come out while he eats his rabbit, and yourself being forced to dig it out.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE