getting rid of mice

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ChrisKavanaugh

Need to contact Admin...
Every summer here the snakes become more active and people panic, killing or removing green racers, kings, gophers and rattlesnakes. Then the mice move in and they wonder why. You want a mice free home?- Get a Boa Constrictor. If you take a torch at night and have a look about in the dark house you can spot various cracks and openings in the plumbing, electrical lines etc. that mice use. If you can see light going through , so can the mice! Get some steel wool and pack the holes using a long darning needle or similar tool.

Tantalus

May 10, 2004
Galashiels
chocolate makes a good mousebait

try using an empty plastic bucket and 2 bits of wood as a humane trap

one long bit of wood to make a ramp up to the rim of the bucket, and on the end of it balanced a shorter piece of wood with bait at the far end, near the centre of the bucket

mouse runs up ramp and onto balancing bit
mouse and balancing bit fall into bucket
sides of bucket are too smooth to let the mouse climb up

what you do with the bucket and mouse is then up to you.

Tant

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Tantalus,
Would the mouse not then use the piece of wood to climb out?
Your method could easily be modified to pivot and drop the mouse into the bucket and then reset itself ready for more!

ATB

Ogri the trog

Tantalus

May 10, 2004
Galashiels
no the mouse shouldnt be able to use it to climb out as long as the balancing piece is short enough to lie flat in the bottom of the bucket once it falls

it really does work , trust me ;)

Tant

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Tantalus,
"balancing piece is short enough to lie flat in the bottom of the bucket"

OK, now I understand,

Cheers for that

ATB

Ogri the trog

PS we don't have a problem with them, our cats take care of that, but I was just wondering. ;)

.... .. After all the experience these mouses get with traps & things, I think it was them that trained them commando sheep.Lol.
Goose said:
:eek: :D LOL :D Got this vision in my head now, mice round a map model "right, you cover the back........
I've only had to get rid of them once and sausage meat(cooked) worked, in a snap trap.No more "viva le revolution".___________________________________________________________

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE