Getting better

merrygold85

Nomad
Sep 11, 2010
Ireland
Hey,

I thought I would post some pics of my latest spoons. Although it may not look like it, I think I am getting better. I did the smallest one this morning, the longest one a few days ago and the ugly one a couple of weeks ago. Each of them took about 2 hours to make (while watching stuff and a**ing about). Since seeing some very impressive work on another thread I believe that I am rushing them. So for my next ones I am going to take my time with them. Especially in the latter stages and hopefully they will be a bit sexier.

Here are the pics:

IMGP0113.jpg

IMGP0112.jpg

IMGP0110.jpg

IMGP0117.jpg

IMGP0118.jpg

IMGP0119.jpg

IMGP0120.jpg

IMGP0121.jpg

IMGP0122.jpg

Surprisingly enough the little one holds the exact same amount as a tea spoon.

Cheers

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Very nice work, I have yet to make a spoon that I'm not embarrassed to show in public. Most wouldn't even be good enough to be pooper scoopers.

That "ugly" one looks like something you'd see a Zombie using to clean out thosee tiny bits out of a victims brain cavity. And on that pleasent thought I shall bid you g'night. LOL!

merrygold85

Nomad
Sep 11, 2010
Ireland
Cheers guys

I have no idea what that wood is. It came from a branch I found on the street near my house. There are some horse chestnuts in that area so maybe that's it? It's actually a piece that I split off when making the longest one. Two sides of the same branch.

In the event of a zombie apocalypse the ugly one will be promoted form soup, to brains. Which would probably be quite similar to soup I imagine. After cooking of course.

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Lol... tough guy...

Resident Evil is still one of the soft ones...

I saw the original uncut Zombie Flesh eaters back in 1983 on video. I think that's what broke the floodgate that held back that terror I now have of Zombies. I did watch it all the way through.. but the nightmares for days afterwards... ooh la la. I think my basic problem is that I have too good an imagination

If Resident Evil was a soft one I'd hate to see one of the bad ones. I "punished" myself the other week and watched 28 days later and a few days later watched 28 weeks later. I was so proud of my heroic bowel control at each sitting. No cushions suffered any maltreatment.

Sorry for the thread hi-jack Merrygold85

merrygold85

Nomad
Sep 11, 2010
Ireland
Sorry for the thread hi-jack Merrygold85

Ha, no bother. Perhaps a horror/comedy might help you, such as Shaun of the Dead, Braindead, Evil Dead, or Resident Evil (I laughed). I see recurring theme in the naming of these films but seriously Braindead is one to watch.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE