German Parkas Ideal For Bushcraft?

  • The awesome MakerMoot is coming up (13-15th Nov 2026), Visit the TORM & ARM markets,and have space back at camp to work on projects and enjoy great company. PLEASE CLICK HERE for more information.

Monk

Forager
Jun 20, 2004
199
7
outandabout
Whatever happened to the German Parkas with hood in olive green? There used to be a big craze of wearing them now it has dropped off or the supply has diminished. I tried one on...the cut is very tight under the shoulders but the liner of pile and the material seemed hard wearing plus it had an attached hood. Thought it would be ideal for the outdoors, has anyone here any feedback on them?
Personally, I found the cutting/sizing to be bad...designed for skinny tall people and you could not layer under them. Pity!
Monk
 
I had one of those a few years ago.

Nice and warm but on the heavy side when dry and bloomin heavy when there wet.

Big pockets though so they do hold alot. I used to get away without a ruksack with it.
 
They bring a whole new meaning to the word "absorbant"!!!
 

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE