German crafts?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
What are some easy traditional German crafts? Can anyone recommend?

Some German members may be along shortly with some links for you.

Hungarian traditional crafts may share some elements with German ones so try a 'google image' or 'you-tube' search for 'Népi mesterségek' and see if any of the resulting images or videos give you any ideas.

If you know what the German for 'Traditional Folk Crafts' is I'd be curious to know.

:)

Last edited:

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
What are some easy traditional German crafts? Can anyone recommend?

Redrawing national borderlines in Europe? :pokenest:

Oh c'mon, I know a lot of you were thinking it. And I totally agree it's a :nono:

I feel ashamed of myself already. :togo:

Cuckoo clock making, or is that Switzerland Bavaria? Slapping each other on the hips, face and buttock while wearing leather shorts?

"Making ze washer bottle smaller, zus making ze car lighter."?

Don't really know what German traditional crafts there are. We have a German lady living down the hill from us. If I see her I'll ask.

salad

Sep 24, 2008
In the Mountains
Some German members may be along shortly with some links for you.

Hungarian traditional crafts may share some elements with German ones so try a 'google image' or 'you-tube' search for 'Népi mesterségek' and see if any of the resulting images or videos give you any ideas.

If you know what the German for 'Traditional Folk Crafts' is I'd be curious to know.

:)

The german translation for traditional folk crafts would be something like "traditionelles Handwerk" or "volkstuemliches Handwerk"
My missus is german and she has had a right laugh at this thread:)

widu13

Feb 9, 2008
Ubique Quo Fas Et Gloria Ducunt
and making damn fine Schnellimbiss foods where we only seem to be able to come up with fish & chips (which to be fair is very hard to beat) or poxy roadside burger bars. Oh, and I enjoyed Alt bier for a good few years too.

Biker

Spoke to the German lady who lives in our "willage" (her words not mine) Anyway I asked her the question and told her some of the examples that had been submitted in this thread and she laughed. So she sat there thinking about it her French husband chipped in a few comments and she finally settled on the principle craft enjoyed by Germans is beer. The fact that the second and thrid preferred hobby craft happens to be Beer as well sorta makes you wonder if there's anyone sober enough in German to design and make those fine cars.

Thought you'd like to know. not that this puts and end to the thread as I'm sure those Germans tea-totallers occupy themselves with something, unless they brew non alocholic beers.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE