gerber warranty

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Deano3

Tenderfoot
Jan 1, 2012
Newcastle
Hi i have a gerber dime and was using it for first time other day the file/screwdriver and best the wrong way i emailed gerber but no reply, anyone know were i get in touch to get it repaired and will i have to pay to post to the USA ?

thanks dean

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
You'll have to contact the importer (whom I have obviously forgotten - sorry)

I had a Legend 800 replaced a couple of years ago, virtually by return of post.

ATB

Ogri the trog

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Actually scratch that. Seems they sold Silva on

Last edited:

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
It was Fiskars.com who i contacted about my tool. They replaced it without question and were amazingly helpful

If you need a direct email PM me as the contact i had may still be around. Must be going back 18 months though.

Deano3

Tenderfoot
Jan 1, 2012
Newcastle
emailed fiskars but then it said thanks for feedback lol will see if get a reply, i got it from amazon i think but they will say get in touch with gerber i imagine

thanks for help
Dean

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
... i got it from amazon ...

From Amazon or from a retailer through Amazon?

In the event of something going wrong with a purchase your first port of call should always be the retailer ~ they're the ones you have a contract with.
If it's from a retailer using Amazon and you get nowhere, you can then take the issue to Amazon and let them poke the seller with a bigger stick.
If it was bought from Amazon itself, give them a poke and see what happens.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
My gerber was 10 years old to boot! They asked me to send it in and within a couple of days i had a brand new one arrive on the door mat FOC.
Canne argue with that. I even asked them to send me back my old one as it had sentimental value to me which they did :) The tool had travelled the world with me (pre airport hysteria) in my hand-luggage. It was also bought for me by my bother for my 21st.
I then took the tools from the new one that i needed and fitted them to the old pliers and handle.

Deano3

Tenderfoot
Jan 1, 2012
Newcastle
no email recieved yet so think will get in touch with amazon, ur right think it was company through amazon so will look into it , i emailer gerber and fiskars but nothing yet

dean

pauljm116

Native
May 6, 2011
Rainham, Kent
I had a problem with the blade coating on a Gerber LMF II I imported from America, took it out of the sheath 3 or 4 times and the coating started to scratch. Contacted Gerber UK expecting them to tell me to send it back to the supplier, had an email back within an hour telling me to send it to them, sent it saturday and had a brand new one delivered today, superb customer service. Will check for the email address I used tomorrow and let you know.

Jul 12, 2012
Liverpool
no email recieved yet so think will get in touch with amazon, ur right think it was company through amazon so will look into it , i emailer gerber and fiskars but nothing yet

dean

I would just like to point out Amazon are buggers when it comes to manufacturer warranty without one of the protection plans I had to send them a scan of the manual that came with a fishing reel to prove the point and it still took 9 week's, having said that is was 4 years ago they have probably gotten better. And the square deal thing is great and instantly honoured, got the GF a phone 3 months later it got destroyed, they replaced it in 48 hours.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
no email ... will get in touch with amazon ... company through amazon ...

Who supplied it is easily found :D

Log into Amazon > Hover over 'Hello ... , Your Account' > Click on 'Your Orders' > Either scroll down or search using date period > When you've found your item click on it > Click on 'Order Details'

Deano3

Tenderfoot
Jan 1, 2012
Newcastle
deal central uk i ordered from so thanks for showing me that, i have sent them a email about replacement or repair so see what happens, you could quite just not bother but i want a replacement and will keep bugging them till i get it,

will keep you posted on what happens
Dean

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE