Gearslinger Style Tube Backpack by Peto

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Klenchblaize

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
Thought you might like a progress report given I promised some kind of product evaluation. 

The brief - albeit a rather hurried one - was to produce a tube-like pack with a left shoulder strap only, leaving the right free to carry a rifle.   Further variances ‎from the last pack Peter sold on BCUK are:
‎
a. Slightly reduced capacity c/o a shorter total length.  
b. Use of a secondary leather cover strap and ‎loops at the pack bottom adjustment point to ensure rifle stock does not come into contact with buckle/metal. 

The following pictures are where we are as of writing:
DSC05038_zps5muwhhgq.jpg

DSC05042_zpsq9xufwjm.jpg

DSC05041_zpsmbtvlkdn.jpg

More to follow. 

K‎

Last edited:

Klenchblaize

Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
Update:

I now have the pack and am making a few mods that I spared Peter for fear of something getting lost in translation. Once completed and I have set on the best way to pack my gear I'll load pictures and provide a full assessment.

One thing I didn't ask for but Peter thoughtfully included is a secondary inner slip pocket that will perfectly accommodate a Firebox stove!

K

Peto

Maker
Sep 8, 2014
Pacov
www.groundgear.uk
Ou! I find it here now... more rivets and new patch, very nice, thank you Richard. Can you give here detail pic of your leather patch please?
I find in comp pic after finish:

DSC05049.jpg

Klenchblaize

Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
I only added the rivets to your patch to match the ones on mine.

Will post better pictures of the other minor modifications I've made. I was lucky to find identical leather attachment straps to the ones you have used for handle and part shoulder strap on e-bay:

s-l500.jpg

Here is my patch/logo:
bd58ff01-1bea-420c-8743-09a2d44d7932_zpsnsxfre2j.jpg

All the best

Richard

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE