Gear Storage

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
I thought I'd post a couple of pics of my gear storage solution.

This allows me to keep stuff by the front door and doesn't require me to hang shelves or fit hooks to the wall. Furthermore everything I might need before I leave the house is in the hall where I can get to it without waking the rest of the household.

Equipment needed, two short lengths of CLS timber (or any timber of similar shape) and a stout broom or tool handle.

Drill a hole half way through the middle of the timber, cut the broom handle to length, and the whole shebang sits atop a door lintel held in place more by the friction of the CLS against the wall rather than placing weight atop the lintel.

Hang your gear by its own straps, with cords and carabiners or whatever, you can slide things back and forth to tidy then away or to get better access.

P9250002.JPG

P9250003.JPG

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Tidy solution there and handy not having to pepper the walls with holes.

Pop quiz since you mentioned it, do you know what CLS stands for?

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
http://www.woodbridge.co.uk/cls

I have a shed for my storage... it's not large, only 6x4 but has a large shelf at waist height to arrange kit on and I use plastic storage boxes with lids to store kit under the shelf.

I do all my kit drying in the server room at work - it's brilliant.

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
"...Pop quiz since you mentioned it, do you know what CLS stands for?..."

Yes I do. :)

CLS (Canadian Lumber Standard) which in Hungarian is called Epitöta gyalult fenyö (construction planed pine).

Those two small pieces I brought over here from Scotland in my hold luggage as CLS and timber in general costs a fortune over here.

"...I have a shed for my storage..."

I dream of having my own shed. :)

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE