GB splitting axe

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Chainsaw

Native
Jul 23, 2007
Central Scotland
Had a bit of a hangover this morning so thought I'd work it out. Picked up a new GB splitting axe at the nice people at Nordic Outdoor during the week and was itching to give it a go. Took it really cautiously to start with by going for a 6 inch round but eventually worked up to about a 14. The splitting axe is a beast, took a couple of hits to get the bigger rounds halved but once they were away it was great fun and needing very little effort. Four logs done and three to go, just wish the tree surgeons would chainsaw them to the same length :rolleyes: ;) Not a very big woodpile but it's just for the chimnea next summer so doesn't have to be.

DSCF0542.jpg

Axe profile

DSCF0543.jpg

Feeling better and feeling hungry! :cool:

Cheers,

Alan

The Big Lebowski

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
Just bought one myself... and a mate has cut some rounds of beech for a play on the weekend :)

I have to say, when I opened the parcel, it brought on one of those school-kid grins; and an involuntarily mumble of Coooool Reminds me of something out of Warhammer.

'Tis a beast all-right!

kodiakjoe

Apr 11, 2011
Leeds
looks like a nice bit of kit :) splitting logs for the woodburner is one of my favourite jobs - extremely satisfying! and a log splitting maul makes the job so much easier. Mine's a cheapie with a fibreglass handle, might have to start saving for GB one now :rolleyes:

Chainsaw

Native
Jul 23, 2007
Central Scotland
Well I had the great pleasure of walking down the street with mine looking like one of the seven dwarves (but taller). I could have parked closer..... ;)I suspect a cheaper one would work just as well, but not as pleasing to the eye.CheersAlan

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE