Gator checking in!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

GATOR

Dec 24, 2003
SW Florida, USA
Hello all,

I found this place by reading an article on the main page about fire pistons. (Great website btw.) Well, after looking further I found this forum too. I recognized a few names and decided to register. (Hi Hoodoo, Sargey, Tony, Ditchfield, Jack, Rappleby, Chad and company)

I'm GATOR just about everyplace except Ezboard where I'm CaimanGator.

A little about myself: I'm late 20's single with a big dog (rottweiler). I've been happier in the woods for about as long as I can remember. Whether I'm fishing, or hiking, or mountain biking it sure beats sitting in an office. :wink: I'm located in Southwest Florida pretty close to the Florida Everglades. For work, I run a local office of a Chicago based company that deals in medical software. I'm also a nationally registered EMT (emergency medical technician) and volunterr at the local fire department.

I look forward to meeting you all and learning from you. Thanks for the site.

PS (Where can I find a website that will translate the English language into American. :shock: :-D :-D :-D )

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
GATOR said:
PS (Where can I find a website that will translate the English language into American. :shock: :-D :-D :-D )

Good to have you. Hoodoo is after something to translate it as well :biggthump

I think that it must be harder for you guys, we over here are quite bilingual (too much TV!)

Have a good one

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
Tony said:
we over here are quite bilingual

Have a good one

Well, I'm strictly hetero myself, but I don't have a problem with what people do with their personal life. :-D

Boy this language barrier is confusing. :shock: :wink:

Hi gator! Welcome to the UK eh? :-D

GATOR

Dec 24, 2003
SW Florida, USA
Bwahahah., I've already done it. :twisted: Turned a perfectly fine introduction into a thread about how hoodoo is heterolingual. I think that would make me trilingual then, unfortunately one of the languages isn't English, only 'Merican. :cry: Hey, I'll get to learn it though!

Found this one fro you Hoodoo, http://www.travelfurther.net/dictionaries/british-american.htm

Thanks for the welcome Ed, Tony, Hoodoo, and Jamie!

I look forward to catching up on some reading. :-D

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
Nice link Gator but I noticed that it's not complete. For instance I've always wondered what the word "bugger" means in English but it's not listed. In the US, it's when a man pesters his wife, as in "bug her." :-D

ditchfield

Nomad
Nov 1, 2003
Somerset
:-D Welcome aboard Gator. I'm sure u'll fit right in here. You've probably picked up some of the lingo from Sargey.

Hoodoo, it means kind of the same thing over here :-D :-? :shock:

GATOR

Dec 24, 2003
SW Florida, USA
Hoodoo said:
For instance I've always wondered what the word "bugger" means in English but it's not listed. In the US, it's when a man pesters his wife, as in "bug her." :-D

Ahh, but what would the ubiquitous term "buggerall" mean? Is it just a shortened version of "bug her all .... the time"? :p

I'll never forget one particular time in high school. I must've been 15-16 years old when the hot girl from london tapped me on the shoulder before a chemistry test. (She had been in the states for a grand total of 4 weeks) She signaled for me to lean back towards her desk. I ablidgingly did, of course. As her head leaned forward towards me, she whispered softly into my ear, "...do you have a rubber?" You shoulda seen the look on my face, priceless. :cry: :idea: :cry:

EDIT: Pete thanks for the welcome.

sargey

Mod
Mod
Member of Bushcraft UK Academy
Sep 11, 2003
cheltenham, glos
hiya mate! how's it all going?

yeah the bugger thing, technically it's sort of an exchange of resources between pederasts and catamites! :shock:

cheers, and.

GATOR

Dec 24, 2003
SW Florida, USA
Thanks for the welcome Sargey.

sargey said:
yeah the bugger thing, technically it's sort of an exchange of resources between pederasts and catamites! :shock:

Now you're just trying to confuse me....and hoodoo. Now I think I know what a pederast is, we've got those here too.
2003_11_michaeljacksonmug.jpg

But a catamite, is that anything like vegemite? :shock: :shock: :shock:
VEGEMITE.jpg

England and America are two countries separated by the same language.
George Bernard Shaw

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Hoodoo said:
Nice link Gator but I noticed that it's not complete. For instance I've always wondered what the word "bugger" means in English but it's not listed. In the US, it's when a man pesters his wife, as in "bug her." :-D

Not meaning to prolong this further, and I may have not realised you're all messing a bit :?: but have a look here for the correct meaning of the word
http://www.cogsci.princeton.edu/cgi-bin/webwn?stage=1&word=bugger

GATOR

Dec 24, 2003
SW Florida, USA
Tony, thanks for looking out for me. I was foolin a bit, but still had no REAL clue to the defnition. Thanks for steering me straight. That pditchfield guy's :)wink:) been on enough gringo forums, I guess payback was immenent. :lol:

PB, that's a good one. I musta missed it. Thanks,

J

ditchfield

Nomad
Nov 1, 2003
Somerset
:-D Yeah, your right, I have been a lot of the forums from the colonies :-D. Just making sure you don't go astray.

Hey, you know i'm joking, you guys have taught me everything I know :notworthy :uu:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE