Field Archery/Bushcraft Day, Sunday 5th June, Oxshott in Surrey

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bobnewboy

Native
Jul 2, 2014
West Somerset
Hi All,

We haven't had much spare time lately, but now things are getting a little easier Helene and I have decided that we would like to run another "Field Archery and Bushcraft Day" for BCUK'ers. The day/date/time that we have decided on will be:

Day: Sunday
Date: 5th June
Time: 10am onwards until dusk, or whenever you need to leave, whichever is sooner.
Location: The Company of Sixty Field Archery club's shooting grounds at Oxshott, Surrey (via the A3, or J9 or J10 of the M25).

The current list of expected attendees is as follows:

1. Bob (host)
2. Helene (host)
3. Open
4. Open
5. Open
6. Open
7. Open
8. Open
9. Open
10. Open

This is a fixed limit due to club insurance limitations. If you want to come along, and are not on the list, please add your name in place of one of the open slots and repost the attendees list as an answer to this forum thread/discussion. First come, first served. If you cannot make it after all, please remove your name from the list and repost as well.

The general format of the day will be a half day's intro to field archery (NFAS flavour), followed by a half day's bushcrafty stuff, the exact content of which you can decide on during the day. During the first half I would suggest that we all have a go at the practice butts to get used to it, and then maybe do a half of a full course when I'm happy that all are suitably safe behind a bow. Please feel free to bring your own archery stuff or have a go with my wooden bows/arrows. The only caveat is no crossbows by order of The Crown Estate - the landlords!

After the archery we can rest, do some firelighting (in the firepit area) and other bushcrafty stuff, show and tell, and make a cuppa / eat some lunch etc as people like. I will bring tea/coffee/milk/sugar/potable water and a Kelly Kettle, but please bring your own food, cups and plates, and suitable footwear/clothing. Note that the ground can be very muddy at times and does have a lot of rabbit/fox/badger holes, so care is advised :) .

If you want to bring sharp and shiny items along that is fine, but please no firearms of any kind (just in case!). Use of sharps is done under your own supervision (remember to bring a FAK!), and I expect grown up behaviour from all. During the archery part please listen to the advice and follow any rules that we discuss. We can remain on-site until dusk. Sorry no overnighters I'm afraid.

The only other official thing is to bring a fiver each, and a printed-out and filled in Day Visitor's form. The fiver goes to the club for insurance. See and get the form at:

http://www.co60.co.uk/downloads/day_visitor_form.pdf

The address of the shooting ground is on the club's website at:

http://www.co60.co.uk/location.shtml

Access is equally easy from the M25 J9 or J10, or the A3. Please ignore the note about traffic in central Oxshott, that is out of date news that has not been removed from the web page.

Helene and I will wait at the 5-bar wooden entrance gate in my old silver Suzuki Vitara and meet you there. I will send attendees my mobile number via PM to be used in case of emergencies.

I am looking forward to putting some faces to names.

Cheers, Bob

Last edited:

Dark Horse Dave

Apr 5, 2007
Surrey / South West London
Hi Bob,

Hope you're well.

Me again! This time the whole family are interested, but I'm conscious that a) there may be some insurance constraints and b) you may want to let someone else have a go!

Can you cater for me, my wife, 16 year old daughter and (strong, sensible) 13 year old son, all of whom have at least some archery experience? All bushcraft experienced too!

Regards to you both whatever,

Dave

Sent from my E2003 using Tapatalk

bobnewboy

Native
Jul 2, 2014
West Somerset
Hi Dave, absolutely! First come, first served, so you're in :) . The usual format, and no insurance worries since you will be responsible for your youngsters. We look forward to seeing you again.

Last edited:

bobnewboy

Native
Jul 2, 2014
West Somerset
so, the current list of expected attendees is now as follows:

1. Bob (host)
2. Helene (host)
3. Dave
4. Dave's missus
5. Dave's son
6. Dave's daughter
7. Open
8. Open
9. Open
10. Open

This is a fixed limit due to club insurance limitations.

Cheers, Bob

bobnewboy

Native
Jul 2, 2014
West Somerset
Hi Steve, no problems. Please make sure you read the original post for full details.

So, the current list of expected attendees is now as follows:

1. Bob (host)
2. Helene (host)
3. Dave
4. Dave's missus
5. Dave's son
6. Dave's daughter
7. Steve27752
8. Open
9. Open
10. Open

This is a fixed limit due to club insurance limitations. I will PM attendees just before the day with my mobile number in case of emergencies.

Cheers, Bob

Dark Horse Dave

Apr 5, 2007
Surrey / South West London
I was beginning to think it would just be us Bob! Glad the list is starting to grow.

Incidentally, I took Freya along to see Carol in Stoke D'Abernon the other day, just to get a feel for things. She's now asking me when we can go again, so that's a good sign!

The current list of expected attendees is as follows:

1. Bob (host)
2. Helene (host)
3. Dave
4. Sarah (Dave's missus)
5. George (Dave's son)
6. Freya (Dave's daughter)
7. Steve27752
8. Open
9. Open
10. Open

This is a fixed limit due to club insurance limitations.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE