Gary Wines Bushcrafter

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
Looks pretty average for the price, must be the royalties paid to the SAS.....

better makers on here

juliojordio1983

Forager
Oct 15, 2015
Blackpool
I agree the price surprised me, I would be happy to pay £120 ish for it, but at £225 its a bit much. It was more the shape and look of it that appealed.

Better steel would be nice, I agree with that too. Saying that, my Bushcrafter from Driftwoodwalker is in O1 and i find it great. Easy to sharpen, holds an edge well. I imagine trying to sharpen a serious ding out of Elmax for example in the Scandi grind would be a nightmare.

Wihglah

Apr 23, 2017
Northamptonshire
I agree the price surprised me, I would be happy to pay £120 ish for it, but at £225 its a bit much. It was more the shape and look of it that appealed.

Better steel would be nice, I agree with that too. Saying that, my Bushcrafter from Driftwoodwalker is in O1 and i find it great. Easy to sharpen, holds an edge well. I imagine trying to sharpen a serious ding out of Elmax for example in the Scandi grind would be a nightmare.

I have an Elmax Enzo Trapper (Scandi Zero grind), it's not as hard as you might imagine. It does take longer - but not a lot. I made the kit for under £100. Add that to the fact that they are significantly less likely to get a ding since they are much tougher and it balances out.

79HQaEU.jpg

Last edited:

juliojordio1983

Forager
Oct 15, 2015
Blackpool
I have an Elmax Enzo Trapper (Scandi Zero grind), it's not as hard as you might imagine. It does take longer - but not a lot. I made the kit for under £100. Add that to the fact that they are significantly less likely to get a ding since they are much tougher and it balances out.

79HQaEU.jpg

I can see your point. I had a Bark River Bushcrafter in 3v and I never saw a chip or roll in that, I just didnt get on with the handle for some reason.

Edit to add you can buy from Gary Wine direct, he quotes £177 for the Bushcrafter with wood scales.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE