Garlic

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

aza148

Tenderfoot
Mar 21, 2009
south yorks, penistone
Been out this morning got myself some wild garlic going to make some bread then do some nettle soup later to go with it found a nice little stash

puse2u8a.jpg

tynaza5e.jpg

quqa7yty.jpg

sent on the road using tapatalk

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
Nice haul, its very good stuffed inside chicken breast with mozzarella and tomato. Nom nom nom :)

copper_head

Feb 22, 2006
Hull
Looks that way to me Matt. Easiest way to ID is to go on smell though, it reeks of garlic.

copper_head

Feb 22, 2006
Hull
Looks very tasty, bet it didn't even cool before you had it scoffed. Fresh bread never does in my house.

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
recipe for wild garlic pesto.
200g wild garlic leaves.Try and use younger ones and remove the stalks before weighing.
200-220ml sunflower or vegetable oil
50g toasted hazelnuts
160g hard cheese. I use Allerdale goats milk cheese.
freshly ground black pepper

Put it all together in a blender or food processor and blitz it to a paste.If you want to use it for a sauce add a tablespoon of lemon or lime juice and two of walnut or hazelnut oil
Store it in a sterilised jar in the fridge for two weeks.
To make the bread.Use 500g proved white bread dough.Roll or press out to a rectangle 30cm x 20cm about 1cm thick.Spread with pesto, leaving a 2cm strip without pesto on one long side.
Roll up like a Swiss Roll and seal the pesto-free edge.Cut into 3cm thick rounds with a sharp knife and put cut side up in a pizza pan or sandwich tin.Rise for 45 mins in a warm place and bake at 200C for 25-30 minutes.Cool on a wire rack and eat while still warm.
VERY easy to do and loads of fun.Try these with the kids.
Cheers, Simon

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE