Planning Galloway Forest

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Trig

Nomad
Jun 1, 2013
Scotland
Shame it started that way but hopefully they bear it in mind for future dealings with people. Not a job id do either, but not the approach to take solo in that area either going by some of the behaviour of certain types camping there.

Does anyone know if you need to pay to park near loch braden? Been googling about and its the first ive heard of it, but £2 to access the forest drive and for 1 days parking is mentioned various places. Not extortionate, but planning a couple of nights in the area.

juliojordio1983

Forager
Oct 15, 2015
Blackpool
Hi Jordan
Yes. Clatteringshaws midweek will be a good choice as it’ll be quiet. Even if you went down the raiders road to Stroan loch if you fancied something more remote.
Good choice of Lavvu btw
HF

Huntersforge, would i have enough room to pitch my Varanger here? Theres some grassy areas near the parking/picnic area, is there anymore flat land near here?

I have also seen that there is a £2 charge to access the forest drive, but in truth, i havent been asked to pay once, and I havent seen any honesty boxes or the like so..... I do tend to arrive very early though, usually around 5-6am. I cant help regarding Loch Braden however.

huntersforge

Oct 14, 2006
southern scotland
Loch bradan is nice. If you go in the entrance at Stinchar falls and go right along the road a few miles till you see the loch then veer left at the y junction there’s a nice secluded area overlooking the loch.
Have fun fella
HF

Trig

Nomad
Jun 1, 2013
Scotland
I have also seen that there is a £2 charge to access the forest drive, but in truth, i havent been asked to pay once, and I havent seen any honesty boxes or the like so..... I do tend to arrive very early though, usually around 5-6am. I cant help regarding Loch Braden however.

Thanks. I went down Friday and yesterday. Parked at loch bradan where Huntersforge mentioned,and i kept my eye out for any signs etc about payment. Left by the doon side,and never saw any signs over there either. Apparently there are ticket machines, but perhaps they've been removed and the websites havent been updated.

Reactions: huntersforge

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE