Gallery, a few pointers

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Some info on the Gallery. :D

At last it’s back! The Gallery is something that all the members of the site can use to put up pictures, although there are some differences between members and Full Members (those that contribute to BCUK)

All members of BCUK have a minimum of 500kb space for pictures and an upload limit of 100kb per picture. Full Members have 2000kb of space and an upload limit of 500kb.
There are some subscribed members and they have 1000kb of space, although I’ve not had that subscription up for a while so there are not a lot of them.

Here’s a few points on the Gallery, I’ll put together a FAQ sometime, but not today!

The Gallery can be accessed via the top GALLERY button, the thumbnails and the links below the pictures in the thumbnails.

In the Forum the Gallery display can be reduced by using the arrow at the right hand side of the title bar, if you click on this it closes the thumbnail display window. This can be helpful if you want to see more of the forum on your screen.

If you follow the link from a thumbnail or the text below it you will be taken to the photograph, or the category that the photograph is in. You can then comment, rate or view the photographs as you desire.

To navigate around the Gallery you can use the links towards the top (bellow the BushcraftUK:Community box)
There should be a couple of HOME buttons, these take you to the front of the Gallery (the same place the top GALLERY button takes you) you should also have a SEARCH button and PROFILE. The search is to look up key words that are associated with the pictures. (it’s important that when you upload a picture you include key words) and the Profile includes your Gallery info, how many pictures you’ve put up etc.

The next button should be UPLOAD PHOTOS, this is an important one! This is where you’ll be able to put up the pictures of your choice. The most straight forward way of uploading pictures is to just browse to their location on your machine and upload them, then fill in the info on the next screen. You need to make sure that you put the pictures into the correct category, if you don’t the default location is your gallery.

When you press the Upload/Submit button down at the bottom it should automatically upload your picture.

You can see your USER FILE LIMITS in a box on the left near the bottom. This contains details of how much space you have, how much you’ve used etc.

NOTE – Pictures on the internet do not have to be very high quality to be viewed, they also do not need to be very big. 50-70kb is plenty for most pictures.

I hope this helps. As I said, I’ll get some better instructions up when I can.
If any of you have any problem with the Gallery drop them in the gallery thread here and we’ll see what we can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE