Bulkhead Hose Fitting

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Does anyone recognise this type of fitting and can suggest a ( far ) cheaper alternative ?

So Its a main feature is that it can be 'closed' by pressing the button on the side of the unit to seal it if the Male part isn't present and in situa. Looking for a cheap alternative - may have to think of using a twist valve if needed.

1696953638389.png

It and its Male counter part can be see in the video below - 35 seconds in.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
I’m guessing a standard hozelok fitting won’t suit?

I may have to go that way but the Hozelock doesn't close into an 'off' position once at rest. Unless anything has changed?

The advantage of that pricey fitting is that the jerry can is sealed again once the male insert is removed.

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
Reactions: TeeDee

Pattree

Jul 19, 2023
UK
Yes it does.
Just pull back the sleeve, pull out the male and the hosepipe it’s closed.
Shove it back in and it’s open. When I have the jet attached then there are Two closures - I can twist the jet closed or I can click it out and rely on the connector.

Edited to add:
What Broch says about the bulkhead aspect.

Where is it and at what pressure?

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
There are plenty of 'Stop' Hoselock fittings but not a bulkhead one that I have seen - so, you could use a standard bulkhead connector with a short length of hose terminated with a 'Stop' connector.

That may work - I know Hozelock are the de-facto market leaders but I've never been super impressed with their quality control.

I think my next port of call maybe the yachty brigade.

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
I may have to go that way but the Hozelock doesn't close into an 'off' position once at rest. Unless anything has changed?

The advantage of that pricey fitting is that the jerry can is sealed again once the male insert is removed.
I have some that have a plunger inside that shuts it off when whatever attachment is removed. I’ll do some digging.

Reactions: TeeDee

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
I may have to watch the video again to fully understand what you are doing ;)

Other videos ARE available on the subject matter.

Remember your blood pressure.

TBH That linked one was the most comprehensive one I could find.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
What sort of pressure are you running through it?

Well I have no idea - but there are a few ways to set these units up.

1) Fit a schrader valve and pressure it by either pump or air comp ( low )

2) Running by dropping a 12v pump unit inside the tank and run that from the Cig lighter so you are contacted to your truck.

3) Running by dropping a 12v pump unit then running from a Lith Battery unit attached to the Jerry can - this is the method featured in the YT video.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
I’d definitely go with a standard blue shutoff valve. All that expensive plastic fitting is adding is a press button rather than a twist valve, you’ve still got to operate it by hand so why overthink it?

It’s also more vulnerable on something that’s going to be bumped about. The blue valve can be properly locked in place with washers and nuts.

demented dale

Dec 16, 2021
hell
Does anyone recognise this type of fitting and can suggest a ( far ) cheaper alternative ?

So Its a main feature is that it can be 'closed' by pressing the button on the side of the unit to seal it if the Male part isn't present and in situa. Looking for a cheap alternative - may have to think of using a twist valve if needed.

View attachment 82945

It and its Male counter part can be see in the video below - 35 seconds in.

I dont know how far you are with this but I made a superb shower from one of those heavy duty plastic, pump up weed killer bottles. I simply changed the nozzles and put on a multi setting garden hose attachment (like the girl in the video is using). I heat up water, put it in and pump up the pressure. I get 5.5 minutes (i timed) it from an 8 liter bottle. You can move it anywhere. I use a strap to hang it in a tree or on my van. If you interested PM me and I can send you photos and tips. ps the entire thing cost me about 30 euro/ 26 quid.Its gone on forever.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE