Gadget - Tablets

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Minotaur

Native
Apr 27, 2005
Birmingham
Ive had an Asus Transformer with the klip on Keyboard for about a year now and its great with the keyboard on its a mini laptop and has a massive battery or take the screen off for a tablet

the tablet prioritises the 2 batteries to conserve the screen one so when docked it uses the keyboard one first and or charges the screen one I can charge the keyboard separately and carry on with the screen ie to read in bed while the keyboard charges for the morning (they claim 16 hrs from both batteries on video but as usual its not accurate but its still a pretty long battery life compared to others)

can take a SD card and 2 USB sockets in the keyboard and a micro SD in the Screen part so can add extra storage (lots off) and transfer files easily from cameras etc or have a Music Card and swap out for a photo or files one

Ipads you have nothing so easy

Wife has a Ipad and Iphone
I have android phone and tablet to me much better designed for the user not apples convenience

Kindle app is loaded on it anyway
BUT the last upgrade they locked out any books not bought from the kindle store which is a PITA as i have loads that aren't from there so had to load another reader half way thro a book)

pretty much any app on Apple is available for android

Thinking about one of these.

Nexus does not USB charge so a pain for us. Also no sd card add in a pain. If buying the nexus go for the 32gb, remember you cannot add more memory.

As for typing you can plug a keyboard in to a tablet so carry a sort of laptop for a lot less weight and much better battery time.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE