fungus

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bardster

Native
Apr 28, 2005
Staplehurst, Kent
found what I thought were some hoof fungas today so bought a couple home.. Turns out they are more probably blushing bracket - though one def looks like a hoof - but it may be because it was growing in a verticle dent in the tree. But the question is - can I do anything with them? I know they are not edible but if dried will it make good tinder? anyone tried?

cheers

stovie

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 12, 2005
Balcombes Copse
Bardster said:
found what I thought were some hoof fungas today so bought a couple home.. Turns out they are more probably blushing bracket - though one def looks like a hoof - but it may be because it was growing in a verticle dent in the tree. But the question is - can I do anything with them? I know they are not edible but if dried will it make good tinder? anyone tried?

cheers

Have several Cramp Ball (D. concentrica) which I have used successfuly with firesteel. Horse's hoof is good but takes a bit of work to produce tinder. No reason why experimenting with other brackets wont produce good results. Experiment :D
I will be interested to know the results

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE