Fungus Foray

Toadflax

Native
Mar 26, 2007
Oxfordshire
Went out today with one of our DPhil students who hails from Poland where edible fungus foraging is BIG. We didn't find any edible ones, but a few interesting finds.

Deathcap (we thought)
foray_00.jpg

Probably a group of Dog Stinkhorn
foray_01.jpg

And another one
foray_02.jpg

And some Jelly Antlers.
foray_03.jpg

Saw plenty of other but these are all the piccys that I took. And loads and loads of King Alfred Cakes. Hope to go out with him again soon and get some edible ones.

Geoff

Last edited:

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
heh Geoff,
Looks like we both went mushroom hunting today, I didnt see any as interesting as that tho. Thinks a little early for the woods round here.
Nice pics :D

xylaria

Lovely amanita.

There hasn't been very much in way of mushrooms pickings near me. Went out yesterday and got amethyst deceivers, lycoperdons, and an assortment of milkcaps.

Those stinkhorns look nasty in a clump.

eraaij

Settler
Feb 18, 2004
Arnhem
Nice pictures.

I managed to collect a pot full of boletes today, now sliced up and drying in the oven. They are still here, but not as many as a couple of weeks ago.

-Emile

xylaria

Nice pictures.

I managed to collect a pot full of boletes today, now sliced up and drying in the oven. They are still here, but not as many as a couple of weeks ago.

-Emile

Out of interest whats your weather been like for the last few months?

Because I have noticed over the years that the autumn fungi harvest is as good as the summer. Britian didn't have a summer this year we had a monsoon. It rained from may through to the end july.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE