Fungi ID

Just been going through some of my snaps while out and about, I have a few photos of fungi I can't ID. My ID skills are pretty poor for fungi.

So first up, this one I am 99.9% sure is Birch Polypore.

IMG_9196 by pandabean2010, on Flickr

Is this either Turkey Tail or Smoky Bracket?

IMG_9141 by pandabean2010, on Flickr

Possible remains of Horse Hoof Fungus?

IMG_7505 by pandabean2010, on Flickr

Not got a clue on this one, shaped a bit like a piece of pasta.

2010-11-10 13.56.28 by pandabean2010, on Flickr

Not a clue on this one either:

IMG_9205 by pandabean2010, on Flickr

IMG_9204 by pandabean2010, on Flickr

Thanks,
Andy

Geoff Dann

Native
Sep 15, 2010
Sussex
www.geoffdann.co.uk
the pasta lookalike looks like jews ear to me, but then my fungi i.d is pretty terrible to be honest. just my 2p worth...

It's the wrong colour for Jew's Ear (should be brown), Jew's Ear doesn't have gills and it is also the wrong habitat for Jew's Ear (grows on tree branches, usually dead ones). The picture is not an easy one to ID.

Thanks Geoff, couldn't find Gymnopus dryophilus in my id book (DK Pocket Nature - Fungi). To the left of that fungi there is a smaller one popping through, hard to see but it seems domed shaped and darker brown. I should have checked underneath but didn't at the time so I am guessing two heads have grown into one, hence the pasta shape.

Geoff Dann

Native
Sep 15, 2010
Sussex
www.geoffdann.co.uk
Thanks Geoff, couldn't find Gymnopus dryophilus in my id book (DK Pocket Nature - Fungi). To the left of that fungi there is a smaller one popping through, hard to see but it seems domed shaped and darker brown. I should have checked underneath but didn't at the time so I am guessing two heads have grown into one, hence the pasta shape.

http://www.abfg.org/bap/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=736

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE