Fulled wool slippers

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Should make you some very cosy toes. I am loving mine. Have made a couple of pairs since for Xmas presents.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Can you make these by crocheting?

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

I've never tried felting crochet work,but I guess you should be able to. As crocheted fabric tends to be thicker than knitted fabric you have some realy thick cosy slippers. If you can crochet to the same measurements in length and width it should work. There is only one way to find out I guess .. have a go and find out. Let us know how it goes. Remember to use pure wool with no artificial fibres in or they won't felt at all. My first pair I used a double thickness of pure alpaca double knit and I have a lovely thick cosy and fluffy pair. The ones I knitted in exmoor horn wool are not as thick as i only used a single thread thickness and not fluffy. So choose your wool carefully as different breeds/brands will give different effects. My alpaca ones cost me nearly £20 but I was using premium hand spun and hand dyed wool. The exmoor horn wool less than a fiver due to a lucky charity shop haul.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE