full tang survival knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Y

yowee

I don't know which side of the full tang or not full tang debate this will help a recently met a guy who used to be in US special forces his knife was quite unusual although a bit big for bushcraft, it was full tang but didn't have any scales, it had thickish para cord wrapped round it that formed a fairly comfortable handle (ish) the idea being that you had your cordage with at all times as long as you still had your knife so you could then lash it the poles etc to make a spear or a variety of other items seemed quite good but I've never seen them for sale I would be interested if anyone knows where to get them.
cheers :-?

ESpy

Settler
Aug 28, 2003
Hampshire
www.britishblades.com
That would have been my guess. Built like tanks... I'm currently doing a Kydex sheath for a Strider axe for someone - the thing is massive slab of 1/4" steel!

(have to say I prefer the more traditional look for an axe)

One thing I feel lets paracord-wrapped handles down is the fact that if you do use the cordage for something else, your knife just became uncomfortable to the point of unusability IME.

tedw

Settler
Sep 3, 2003
Cambridgeshire, UK
The one in Giancarlo's picture is a CRKT Stiff Kiss. These are good, but not big knives. Never used one but lots of people seem to like them.

You can sometimes get them on E-bay for about £15-00.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE