Full Nuisance Value and More

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Finally figured out that my computer hard drive was "upfucculated" = rapidly advancing senility.
The 'fix' was a new solid state hard drive. Watching things load, maybe 5X faster than ever before.
This is less than a mile from my house, downstream, I think, on the great Fraser River.EARLY WINTER.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Some say that we live in paradise, or very close to it. Mid Feb now, no more than 10-15' snow up top. Really bad, bad avalanche hazard. Maybe a foot at my place, been snowing most of the night, -2C and probably melt later on.
Here's summer, my house is to the right, the north end of the village.Up top II.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Hello and welcome back!!

Lovely pictures. Hope you don't mind, I edited your posts so the pictures appear (close to) full size, rather than small thumbnails. They deserve to be seen big! Its really nice to see the valley you have described so often.

Thank you for sharing....and congrats on getting the computer fixed. Those solid state drives are nice and fast, but generally not such large capacity. While I can run programs off mine, I have to use a separate hard disc drive to store photos, documents and video. Mine is a bit old, and newer ones will be bigger, but if you take a lot of pictures it is worth bearing in mind.

Thanks again

Chris

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Thanks for the photo fixes, Chris. I don't take a lot of pictures any more. Walking is so awkward still and in snow just about impossible (balance) that I stick to the shops here in the village. But, I have not sprung a leak, I feel pretty damn good as I should be dead or close to it by now. Thinking I'm 18 months old.

Beginning to spend more time wood carving again. Wish there was a place to visit but I guess not a high priority BC skill.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
I knew that I couldn't afford to stay in the city when I retired. So I began looking at small towns and villages. My summer travelling situation allowed me to stay 2-3 nights in a place. Eat and drink locally and drive around without the harassment of the local Real Estate agents. Maybe did a dozen. Some were real stinkers. I bought my home here in 2000. McBride has fewer faults than the others.

Reactions: santaman2000

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Thanks. I missed this place even more with group social restrictions.
Could not figure out why access was denied. Then more and more pieces of the internet disappeared ( eg _all_ of YouTube, other forum sites). We have a relatively new computer service business in the village. I was willing to give the guy a shot at this machine. 24 hours and $175.00 and here it is, faster than new. Old things that I have not seen in months.

Fairly slow health recovery and I'm not finished yet (18 months post op). I got my abdominal artery twin-lined (16 mm) down into my legs. Probably live-saving results so far.

Anyway. I hope to get beyond my gardens and grape vines this coming summer.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Glad to see you back RV. At my age I can”t afford to lose any more friends: virtual or hard copy. Great pix too.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Good to be alive, santaman, thank you. Walking is a big deal for me now. I can stand in the kitchen and make meals. Haven't felt this good since I was 60.
I am just about to head off to Grandpa's grocery store and buy several bottles of vitamins. By then, it will be tuna-time for old Heidi-cat, a slurp for me and we will settle into our evening food routines.
There's a 3 hour blizzard on the Doppler shift radar that ought to hit us in another hour so I'd best be on my way.

Reactions: santaman2000

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE