Full Flap Mora Sheath.

pwb

The bulk of the sheath is made from 3.5mm veg tanned shoulder with a little bit of thinner recycled leather for the DC3 pouch flap in an attempt to reduce the overall thickness a tad :rolleyes: .

DSC02368Small.jpg

DSC02367Small.jpg

The D-ring for the double dangler I reused from an old Cresta bergen frame, solid brass with a plated finish.
Because of the thickness of the leather I opened my Birthday present early , a hobby pillar drill :red: , and used it to drill the holes for sewing :approve: . I also used braided nylon thread for sewing.

DSC02363Small.jpg

DSC02371Small.jpg

The original plan was for a larger front pocket, SAK / utility pocket, But I couldn't make it work, too big , so to plan B.

DSC02381Small.jpg

DSC02372Small.jpg

I was also going to add a Firesteel loop, had it all made, but had a change of mind at the last minute. Kind of wish I'd added it now it looks like it would have fitted in quite well :11doh: .

DSC02377Small.jpg

I've left the finish more matt not using boot polish just rubbing in Renapur bees wax leather balsam. I think I prefer the duller look.

Thanks for looking .

Cheers,
Pete.

Last edited:

Chainsaw

Native
Jul 23, 2007
Central Scotland
Really nice finish on that, I can see why you cracked open the pillar drill, 5 layers!! :eek: The fire steel loop would've fitted in nicely then you'd have everything on 1 sheath.

How did you do your sam brown holes, punch then slit??

Cheers,

Alan

pwb

That's a real nice sheath Pete, I agree the firesteel would have gone well on it but there's always the next sheath ;)

Thanks Mesquite, Think the next one will be without pouch and with Firesteel loop.

Really nice finish on that, I can see why you cracked open the pillar drill, 5 layers!! :eek: The fire steel loop would've fitted in nicely then you'd have everything on 1 sheath.

How did you do your sam brown holes, punch then slit??

Cheers,

Alan

The pillar drill made all the difference :) , helped that it's exactly 90 degrees too, a lot neater than a hand held drill.

Made the holes, as you say ,punch then slice. I have seen some where there's two holes one very small with the slice between but I don't have a punch small enough.

Cheers,
Pete.

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
I realy like that, if your reading this Topnot, any thoughts on making something like this for my big knife ?.

Rob

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE